The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL accommodation form

:confused: hi i sent my form off a while again but since then i've had a change of heart regarding some of the preferences i put down on it and also i think i wrote down an inappropriate max. price range. is it a good idea to phone the accommodation office and ask them to send me a new form and cancel the other one? im getting pretty worried about this actually. and also does anyone know if phoning the office and telling them where you'd like to be will help you to get your desired accommodation?

thanks!

xxxxxxxxxx kay
Reply 1
kay4
:confused: hi i sent my form off a while again but since then i've had a change of heart regarding some of the preferences i put down on it and also i think i wrote down an inappropriate max. price range. is it a good idea to phone the accommodation office and ask them to send me a new form and cancel the other one? im getting pretty worried about this actually. and also does anyone know if phoning the office and telling them where you'd like to be will help you to get your desired accommodation?

thanks!

xxxxxxxxxx kay

Definitely phone them and update your preferences either by phone or by getting them to send you another form.

Personally, I don't think they would take very kindly to you phoning up demanding to be put somewhere. It's hugely unfair on everyone else and completely undermines the system where you are not allowed to choose.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Uhm you can phone but people rarely get wha tthey asked for as a peference.. for example i asked for an en suite.....But im sharing now (but i got a single room) its a strange process the way UCL's accomodation offoce works. I dont think its anything to worry about tbh. Aswel las this if unfortunately your accomodation form isnt changed and if you go to UCL and get a room that you do not like it is possible to swap because there are always free rooms (like this year). Hope that helped
Hi, I also just completed my accommodation form today. I sent it off but I only wrote "1" as next to Student Accommodation (self-catered), the rest I left completely blank? Was that a mistake?
Thanks in advance, Raul
Reply 4
Raul Lorales
Hi, I also just completed my accommodation form today. I sent it off but I only wrote "1" as next to Student Accommodation (self-catered), the rest I left completely blank? Was that a mistake?
Thanks in advance, Raul

Well if you couldn't have that and had to end up in one of the other two and there was one you really didn't like...then it may be a bit of a problem as they won't know what you want (not that there's any gurantee they'll gvie it to you anyway). There is a good chance your form might be returned because you haven't completed it.
Reply 5
Raul Lorales
Thanks in advance, Raul

That was silly! That's like writing 1 in self catered and 2s in the others
Reply 6
I'm hopeless with this so please help. Rep for someone who does! Just a few things on the form I want to clarify:

Q4. UCAS number - is this the 9-digit number I use to log on to Track? On Letters from UCAS I have a 10-digit number as 'personal ID' as well as the Track (application) number.

Q.11/12 - For subject I've put Psychology... this is within the department of Psychology. For 'Department' would I put Psych or the faculty, ie Life Sciences?

Q.13 Previous School - would this just be the school I'm at now (Year 13)?

Also what sorts of things have people put down for 'interests'. I don't like trying to sum myself up in two short lines.
Your UCAS number will be 07*******.

If you put Psychology they'll know what you mean but yes Psychology is within the Department of Life Sciences , so write that or both. :smile:

Yes put the school you are at now I believe, I don't think it's critically important.

Interests, that's probably to work out whether you want to play music in your room, stay out really late, or to match people together if it comes to tie-breaks or something.
Reply 8
Excellent, thanks for the help.

Rep!

I'm trying to finally get things sorted. I've just finished my student finance application online too.
Rep me again in 14 days when you have more than 150 posts please. :smile: :p:
Reply 10
I'm that useless eh?

*cries himself to sleep*
Reply 11
I got a reply in 4 days, and the form which they sent back to me said they will let me know about my accomodation on 6/7th of September....is this the same for all you guys?
Reply 12
Vincente
I got a reply in 4 days, and the form which they sent back to me said they will let me know about my accomodation on 6/7th of September....is this the same for all you guys?

Yep i got the same response.
'by 7th september' I was hoping because I have an unconditional that I would hear sooner
Reply 14
once youve sent the accomodation form and got a place can you later decide not to move out?
the reason why i ask this is becuase i will only decide 100% whether to move out or not once my student finace application has been assessed, but the deadline for the ucl form is 31st may so im kinda stuck :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending