The Student Room Group

Muslim family blocked from the USA linked to muslim terror groups including Taliban

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by The_Internet
If only they'd do that to non Muslim extremists then who have called for say..the burning of mosques with people inside
I think refused entry comes free with a conviction for such crimes, like this http://www.bridgwatermercury.co.uk/news/11593045.Four_face_prosecution_over_mosque_social_media_comments/?ref=mr
or this http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Woolwich-Facebook-commenter-jailed/story-19273353-detail/story.html
or this http://www.goqradio.com/qradio/north-coast/man-due-in-court-over-social-media-mosque-comments/
Reply 21
Original post by al_94
Anyone can be linked to terror groups according to racist zionist controlled American garbage media
And yet, most people aren't. It seems that those who are, often have some kind of actual link or connection. Weird how it works out like that, eh?
Reply 22
Original post by QE2
And yet, most people aren't. It seems that those who are, often have some kind of actual link or connection. Weird how it works out like that, eh?

American media is garbage that is used to dumb down the population. I don't believe American media I don't care what they say people are waking up to their lies they are sick and tired of this.
Reply 23
Original post by al_94
American media is garbage that is used to dumb down the population. I don't believe American media I don't care what they say people are waking up to their lies they are sick and tired of this.
What? All of it?
So if you saw a report on American media that confirmed your views, you would disbelieve it, and therefore doubt your own position.
Doesn't sound very well thought through.
Reply 24
Original post by QE2
What? All of it?
So if you saw a report on American media that confirmed your views, you would disbelieve it, and therefore doubt your own position.
Doesn't sound very well thought through.

Obviously it is outlandish to believe all American media is false just like to believe all of it is true. For the most part I believe the American media reports fake news or it is at least a distorted version of the truth.
What were the chances they were linked to a terror group?
Original post by al_94
Anyone can be linked to terror groups according to racist zionist controlled American garbage media

America did the right thing not accepting these terror affiliates.
Reply 27
Original post by The_Internet
If people are being banned just for being Muslim, then yes that is discriminatory. A bigger picture is needed here. Does the Daily mail have the answers to the questions I posed?

But there is not any evidence these people are being banned just because their muslim. The US never released a reason, people assumed in the absence of evidence that it must be discrimination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"The account, which includes information suggesting it may have been published as a joke, was in the name of Hamza Hussain - a first name shared by Mr Mahmood's 18-year-old son. It reportedly lists the job titles 'supervisor at Taliban and leader at al-Qaeda'."
Come on guys
Reply 29
Original post by al_94
Obviously it is outlandish to believe all American media is false just like to believe all of it is true. For the most part I believe the American media reports fake news or it is at least a distorted version of the truth.
So, you assume that it is falsehood and lies unless it corresponds to what you already believe to be true, in which case you assume it to be true. Would that be a fair assessment?
Reply 30
Original post by QE2
So, you assume that it is falsehood and lies unless it corresponds to what you already believe to be true, in which case you assume it to be true. Would that be a fair assessment?

I don't look at American media but when it is big things like 9/11 I know that was not what they said it was or Sandy Hook, Boston bombings etc. I don't assume anything is true as I said I only notice the major things and I don't believe most if not all of it.
Reply 31
Original post by al_94
I don't look at American media but when it is big things like 9/11 I know that was not what they said it was or Sandy Hook, Boston bombings etc. I don't assume anything is true as I said I only notice the major things and I don't believe most if not all of it.
That makes perfect sense.
Original post by al_94

Reply 33
Original post by al_94

In other words you refuse to believe anything that does not fit your world view and agenda, Muslims don't carry out terrorist attacks and the west is fighting a war against Islam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Aj12
In other words you refuse to believe anything that does not fit your world view and agenda, Muslims don't carry out terrorist attacks and the west is fighting a war against Islam.

Muslims do carry out terror attacks sometimes actually and last time a checked Sandy Hook was not being linked to anything Islamic and that was fake too. Any intelligent person knows the west is fighting against Islam and also different tribes and ethnic groups around the world.
Original post by QE2
No. It was because they are Muslim! No other reason!! To suggest otherwise is just Islamophobic racism!!!
Claiming that it could be connected to a possibly incorrectly filled in ESTA, the detention and refused entry to Israel, or the extremist web presence registered to his home address are just examples of anti-Muslim bigotry!!!!

This is totally incorrect. On December 10th this year, I attempted to make a flight from London Heathrow to JFK New York, to find out that once I had reached the Virgin Check-In desk my ESTA had been denied. I am 18 years old, have 0 criminal convictions and hope to study at Oxford University next year. I am white and of pure english heritage. After calling homeland security that morning to ask why my ESTA had been denied I was told I had answered one of the questions incorrectly and hence was denied entry. They told me they could not tell me which question I answered incorrectly, as this may encourage me to answer differently in future, even if my answer was correct, in order to gain entry to the United States. It was interesting as two other white families, that morning at Heathrow also had the same problem with their ESTAs being denied, and the Virgin staff informed us that this was a regular occurrence in the last few months. So your notion that "it has happened to 4 other families" is totally nonsensical since it happened to 3 white families in the space of 10 minutes. It has nothing to do with being black, white, green, orange, or yellow. If you answer one of the questions incorrectly, you are a threat to the safety of everyone on the plane.
Original post by Mathematicus65
So your notion that "it has happened to 4 other families" is totally nonsensical since it happened to 3 white families in the space of 10 minutes. It has nothing to do with being black, white, green, orange, or yellow. If you answer one of the questions incorrectly, you are a threat to the safety of everyone on the plane.

I'm pretty sure QE2 was joking:wink:

Was the form you filled out the same as this? I want to go to America at some point (San Fran!). This form looks easy enough tbh.
https://www.esta-registration.co.uk/esta-application.html
Original post by Skip_Snip
I'm pretty sure QE2 was joking:wink:

Was the form you filled out the same as this? I want to go to America at some point (San Fran!). This form looks easy enough tbh.
https://www.esta-registration.co.uk/esta-application.html

Oh apologies to him/her then, I haven't really read through any posts on this thread just saw the post I was outraged :biggrin:

Yes it was essentially that, but I looked a little different. I filled mine out on their website and their were around 5 different pages of questions, they weren't all listed on one page below one another, as in the link you posted. But they were the questions I was asked 😊
Reply 38
Original post by Mathematicus65
This is totally incorrect. On December 10th this year, I attempted to make a flight from London Heathrow to JFK New York, to find out that once I had reached the Virgin Check-In desk my ESTA had been denied. I am 18 years old, have 0 criminal convictions and hope to study at Oxford University next year. I am white and of pure english heritage. After calling homeland security that morning to ask why my ESTA had been denied I was told I had answered one of the questions incorrectly and hence was denied entry. They told me they could not tell me which question I answered incorrectly, as this may encourage me to answer differently in future, even if my answer was correct, in order to gain entry to the United States. It was interesting as two other white families, that morning at Heathrow also had the same problem with their ESTAs being denied, and the Virgin staff informed us that this was a regular occurrence in the last few months. So your notion that "it has happened to 4 other families" is totally nonsensical since it happened to 3 white families in the space of 10 minutes. It has nothing to do with being black, white, green, orange, or yellow. If you answer one of the questions incorrectly, you are a threat to the safety of everyone on the plane.
Sorry, I didn't add a "clear and obvious sarcasm" emoji because I thought that the sarcasm was so clear and obvious that one was not required.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending