The Student Room Group

christmas studying

Scroll to see replies

Of course. Probably only for a couple of hours though.
Nope even though I haven't done any work at all this year tbh and i really need at least 6 Bs which I haven't had since 1st year :colondollar:. I'm planning on starting on the 26th though.
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah, I'll be studying today. Not doing anything special so it's just another day for me.
Original post by jonathanemptage
is anyone planning on doing any studying tomorrow?

Might as well because nothing else to do, can't see my friends, at least until I get my driving licence back.
Original post by CaitlinN15
Yeah all day, parents are at work tomorrow for the first time ever this year so.. home alone :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is quite upsetting, I hope you have a good day nonetheless. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im still finishing off coursework. It is never ending :frown:
Probably do some FP3, I'm addicted to it :laugh:
Original post by DylanJ42
Probably do some FP3, I'm addicted to it :laugh:

Lol Im afraid that if I do maths work my parents will moan at me for being antisocial :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
Lol Im afraid that if I do maths work my parents will moan at me for being antisocial :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think my parents have given up on me being sociable, I'm perfectly content to just sit my my room and do maths. At least I don't cost them much money :angel:

I read a few days ago you were considering teaching further maths or something, have you started yet? :biggrin:
I think my parents have given up on me being sociable, I'm perfectly content to just sit my my room and do maths. At least I don't cost them much money :angel:

I read a few days ago you were considering teaching further maths or something, have you started yet? :biggrin:

I get moaned at for doing too much revision lol. Id happily do that aswell :biggrin:

Yeah planning to selfteach during my gap year, I would start now but dont want to take attention away from my other (less interesting) A2s. :frown:

Merry Christmas btw :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4
I get moaned at for doing too much revision lol. Id happily do that aswell :biggrin:

Yeah planning to selfteach during my gap year, I would start now but dont want to take attention away from my other (less interesting) A2s. :frown:

Merry Christmas btw :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm only doing 2 A2s in school, further maths is self taught, as you can imagine my mum was so against me doing this (its great that shes confident in my ability :laugh:) but so far it's been amazing, I definitely prefer self teaching to maths class, class is just so slow and boring. Don't even get me started on physics (ccea), the only reason I kept it on over computing is that I only that I only need 72% overall this year in it to get an A, therefore more time for amazing maths :biggrin:

What modules are you planning to do?

Thank you! :tree: Merry Christmas to you too :tree: I hope Santa brings you lots of nice things
I'm only doing 2 A2s in school, further maths is self taught, as you can imagine my mum was so against me doing this (its great that shes confident in my ability :laugh:) but so far it's been amazing, I definitely prefer self teaching to maths class, class is just so slow and boring. Don't even get me started on physics (ccea), the only reason I kept it on over computing is that I only that I only need 72% overall this year in it to get an A, therefore more time for amazing maths :biggrin:

What modules are you planning to do?

Thank you! :tree: Merry Christmas to you too :tree: I hope Santa brings you lots of nice things

Wow that sounds cool! Only 2 subjects at school sounds like heaven :biggrin:. Im sure you will get that A in physics, maths must help in that respect too.

Im planning to do FP1-3, M1-2 and D1.

Haha yes! Thats why Im still awake... waiting for santa to come down me chimney! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Late at night yeah
Original post by Ben4
Wow that sounds cool! Only 2 subjects at school sounds like heaven :biggrin:. Im sure you will get that A in physics, maths must help in that respect too.

Im planning to do FP1-3, M1-2 and D1.

Haha yes! Thats why Im still awake... waiting for santa to come down me chimney! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's pretty damn good, some days I only have maths class and free periods, so I go to school and from 9 to 3 only do maths :groovy: Well the maths is very basic, its mostly definitions and rope learning experiment after experiment, it's a pathetic excuse for physics imo

I went down the stats route! Most self taught maths students like the pure and mechanics mix. I'll be doing decision and mechanics next year possibly (Add. Further Maths), D1 looks decent honestly I dont understand why it's got such a bad reputation amongst mathmos

I'm just so excited I can't get to sleep, I hope he enjoys his mince pie and glass of milk :u:
Noooooooooooooooooooooo
Reply 55
Yes, and I love it.
All day, every day bruh
It's pretty damn good, some days I only have maths class and free periods, so I go to school and from 9 to 3 only do maths :groovy: Well the maths is very basic, its mostly definitions and rope learning experiment after experiment, it's a pathetic excuse for physics imo

I went down the stats route! Most self taught maths students like the pure and mechanics mix. I'll be doing decision and mechanics next year possibly (Add. Further Maths), D1 looks decent honestly I dont understand why it's got such a bad reputation amongst mathmos

I'm just so excited I can't get to sleep, I hope he enjoys his mince pie and glass of milk :u:

Ive never done mechanics and i dont do physics so hoping i can cope with m1 and m2 :biggrin: im doing s1 and s2 now but i feel stats is a bore. Have u done s3? If so is it worth doing? :smile:
Original post by Ben4
Ive never done mechanics and i dont do physics so hoping i can cope with m1 and m2 :biggrin: im doing s1 and s2 now but i feel stats is a bore. Have u done s3? If so is it worth doing? :smile:

M1 is very straightforward, M2 is a little harder but still quite manageable. I have done S3 yea, it's very easy if you found S2 easy, I didn't find S3 to be that much harder than S2 (although definitely not as enjoyable as S2) :biggrin: It's worth doing if you want to do a maths & stats degree, otherwise mechanics is just as good, if not better
Original post by Ben4
that is quite upsetting, I hope you have a good day nonetheless. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, it's not been the best :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending