The Student Room Group

Which of these universities are easiest to get in to?

Please can someone rank these universities in order of difficulty to get in? Preferably for Law. Easiest first:

Leeds
Birmingham
Leicester
York
Manchester
Warwick
Exeter
Newcastle
UEA
Queen Mary University of London
Sheffield
Reply 1
Original post by Cullen66
Please can someone rank these universities in order of difficulty to get in? Preferably for Law. Easiest first:

Leeds
Birmingham
Leicester
York
Manchester
Warwick
Exeter
Newcastle
UEA
Sheffield

What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

Just updated it. Law
Presumably the ones with the lowest grade requirements? (Note: I know nothing about interviews and stuff, I'm an economics student so never had to go through that.) Apparently York is pretty good for law.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Pro Crastination
Presumably the ones with the lowest grade requirements? (Note: I know nothing about interviews and stuff, I'm an economics student so never had to go through that.) Apparently York is pretty good for law.

Many have the same requirements though
ones that have lower grade requirements and/or don't ask for the LNAT
Many have the same requirements though

have you looked at the entry requirements for each of those universities you listed individually?
Reply 7
Yes most are aaa

Leeds
Birmingham
Leicester
York
Manchester
Warwick
Exeter
Newcastle
UEA
Sheffield

It's hard to rank them in terms of difficulty of getting in, as different universities look for different qualities for applicants - for example, York requires an interview and wants their applicants to be good at group work, as their course is quite focused around that. Additionally, there are a range of entry requirements on that list, so if you're predicted AAB (which is what Leicester and UEA require), you'd find it easier to get offers from them, than Warwick, which is both more competitive and requires AAA. It is also notable that Birmingham will require the LNAT, which (trust me, I've done it) is a very, very difficult test, so you might find it harder to get into there.

But here's my list (very much estimating):

Hardest:
Warwick (AAA; really competitive)
Birmingham (AAA; LNAT required)
York (AAA; interview required)
Queen Mary University of London (A*AA)

Also really hard but perhaps slightly easier:
Newcastle (AAA)
Exeter (AAA)
Leeds (AAA)
Manchester (AAA)
Sheffield (AAA)

Easiest (but still difficult of course):
Leicester (AAB)
UEA (AAB)

It all comes down to your AS grades and predicted grades (go for the universities that ask for grades that you're expected to get!), and whether you're willing to do an interview (for York) and/or the LNAT (for Birmingham).
(edited 8 years ago)
Hard: All the Russell groups
Easiest Russell: Sheffield (still selective)
UEA (still competitive)
Leicester: Easiest as far as this list goes
Toughest, Queen Mary very renowned for Law only behind Oxbridge
Darkhorse: Warwick, not really known for law but highly ranked in other areas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending