The Student Room Group

How deep in **** am I?

Basically I did not study when I was younger, had 0 intention of going university until AS started. AAAA at AS, A-Level predicted A*AA + existing A grade. However I have a C in GCSE mathematics, not because im not capable, because I had like a 35% attendance rate and i was the stereotypial trouble maker and didnt gaf, so im retaking it this year planning for an A/A* and doing C1 in a month just for my own good. This issue has been mentioned in my reference, but is it highly likely that the admissions tutor will just reject me? because im applying for fairly competitive business management/economics courses all which require either a B or A in gcse maths.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by member1753327
Basically I did not study when I was younger, had 0 intention of going university until AS started. AAAA at AS, A-Level predicted A*AA + existing A grade. However I have a C in GCSE mathematics, not because im not capable, because I had like a 35% attendance rate and i was the stereotypial trouble maker and didnt gaf, so im retaking it this year planning for an A/A* and doing C1 in a month just for my own good. This issue has been mentioned in my reference, but is it highly likely that the admissions tutor will just reject me? because im applying for fairly competitive business management/economics courses all which require either a B or A in gcse maths.

If they require a B/A in GCSE maths and you don't have that, other candidates who do have that will automatically be favoured in most cases. I would anticipate it is highly likely they will favour others before you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it really depends on the university but I suspect you will be ok but they will INSIST on a better GCSE Maths grade on your resit.
Original post by member1753327

Hey,
As Swanseajack1 says it is going to be dependent on each University. I can't talk about any other universities, but we assess each application on an individual basis (so we would look at the reason why you achieved a grade C before making a decision)

If you've already put your application in then sit tight, every (as far as we know) university is closed over the Christmas break, so you aren't likely to hear anything until the 4th January.
If you haven't applied yet then give each university that you want to apply to a call, find out how they will go through your application and just ask them the question. (again don't phone until the 4th Jan)

Hopefully this helps, if you do have any questions then let us know and we'll help the best we can.
Kris
Reply 4
not in too much of deep doodoo
resit GCSE maths and whatever you don't meet requirements for during A2 as well and you'll be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending