The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

which uni is better?

UCL or LSE?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"LSE for what it does, UCL for everything else" is the saying...
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by JohnGreek
depends
probably LSE overall yet who knows

I have applied for Business Management. But in terms of reputation?
UCL
Reply 4
Original post by *Stefan*
"LSE for what it does, UCL for everything else" is the saying...

So you definitely prefer lse over ucl?
Reply 5
Original post by leftchr
So you definitely prefer lse over ucl?

Not "definitely", but if I had to choose between the two I would pick LSE (unless there's a scholarship in the way or so).
Reply 6
Original post by Mathematicus65
UCL

Why!?
Reply 7
Original post by JohnGreek
What does the "everything else" consist of?

Everything that UCL does which LSE does not.
Reply 8
Yeah but for what reasons? I mean both have great reputation globally :/ and im just so confused

Not "definitely", but if I had to choose between the two I would pick LSE (unless there's a scholarship in the way or so).
Reply 9
Original post by leftchr
Yeah but for what reasons? I mean both have great reputation globally :/ and im just so confused

There isn't any hard-set reason; the difference is not really big. It's just that, in terms of reputation, LSE is a beast. That is not to say UCL is not, but I just believe LSE has a better reputation and I would choose it if I were between the two.
Reply 10
There isn't any hard-set reason; the difference is not really big. It's just that, in terms of reputation, LSE is a beast. That is not to say UCL is not, but I just believe LSE has a better reputation and I would choose it if I were between the two.

What about the quality of education? Why does student satisfaction of lse is so low ?
Reply 11
Original post by leftchr
What about the quality of education? Why does student satisfaction of lse is so low ?

Student satisfaction is so volatile it isn't exactly something you should rely on.
I'm at Bristol which has been receiving crappy student satisfaction scores consistently yet I'm having the time of my life.

If you can, do visit both institutions to make sure you're making the right choice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Check the university league tables but as far as i know UCL is good in a lot of subjects
Reply 13
Student satisfaction is so volatile it isn't exactly something you should rely on.
I'm at Bristol which has been receiving crappy student satisfaction scores consistently yet I'm having the time of my life.

If you can, do visit both institutions to make sure you're making the right choice.

I am afraid I cant visit them since I am from Europe. I ve heard that students of Lse expect something different from lectures and classes. What about social life? Is just the course I have applied for is relatively new at UCL. :/ i have an offer from cass though. If i get an offer from either ucl or lse should i just withdraw my offwr from cass? I just wanna go somewhere prestigious but to be happy as a person too.
Reply 14
Original post by leftchr
I am afraid I cant visit them since I am from Europe. I ve heard that students of Lse expect something different from lectures and classes. What about social life? Is just the course I have applied for is relatively new at UCL. :/ i have an offer from cass though. If i get an offer from either ucl or lse should i just withdraw my offwr from cass? I just wanna go somewhere prestigious but to be happy as a person too.

Social life is what you make of it - both unis are in central London. LSE has a reputation for being socially awkward but it has been rebutted by people who're actually there.

You don't need ti withdraw - you can simply decline it by not choosing it as either your firm or your insurance choice. Cass is still reputable though!
Reply 15
Social life is what you make of it - both unis are in central London. LSE has a reputation for being socially awkward but it has been rebutted by people who're actually there.

You don't need ti withdraw - you can simply decline it by not choosing it as either your firm or your insurance choice. Cass is still reputable though!

What do you mean socially awkward?
Reply 16
Original post by leftchr
What do you mean socially awkward?

It is claimed that it's not very social, in short. I don't believe it personally...
Reply 17
It is claimed that it's not very social, in short. I don't believe it personally...

I ve heard that lse is way too socially active :O
Reply 18
Lon met. Theres no difference all unis are the same.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Nununu
Lon met. Theres no difference alk unis are the same.

What would you choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending