The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Accomodation

Basically, i have an unconditional offer from Bournemouth and I'm pretty sure i am going to select it as my firm choice. In terms of accomodation Cranborne looks really good. However, im not sure what the difference is between Value Ensuite and Standard Ensuite, and whether it matters too much. If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated.
Original post by HaydenScott
Basically, i have an unconditional offer from Bournemouth and I'm pretty sure i am going to select it as my firm choice. In terms of accomodation Cranborne looks really good. However, im not sure what the difference is between Value Ensuite and Standard Ensuite, and whether it matters too much. If anyone has any information it would be much appreciated.

Hi HaydenScott,

I have some friends who stayed in Cranborne last year and got to see inside both a standard and a value room. The only difference between them both is the size, the values room have a lot less floor space. My friend who stayed in the value room was perfectly happy with it, so it all depends what you're looking for :-)

If you have any other questions about accommodation feel free to ask.
Gemma :biggrin:
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by GemmaJewell2
Hi HaydenScott,

I have some friends who stayed in Cranborne last year and got to see inside both a standard and a value room. The only difference between them both is the size, the values room have a lot less floor space. My friend who stayed in the value room was perfectly happy with it, so it all depends what you're looking for :-)

If you have any other questions about accommodation feel free to ask.
Gemma :biggrin:

Oh so the rooms are just smaller? That shouldn't be too much of a problem. Did they complain about it being too loud? Becaue i want to have fun obviously but work is also important. Thank you for your help
Original post by HaydenScott
Oh so the rooms are just smaller? That shouldn't be too much of a problem. Did they complain about it being too loud? Becaue i want to have fun obviously but work is also important. Thank you for your help

Hi Hayden

I found that buying some ear plugs really helped- they cut out a lot of general background noise. You should be able to pick them up from any chemist.

Hope that helps!

Amy (student ambassador)
Reply 4
I have a conditional offer for Events Management starting in Sept 2016,and i'm going to put BU as my firm choice..
I'm also unsure about accommodation, Dorchester House is my favourite but I've heard it's almost impossible to get in, is this true?

thanks
Reply 5
Original post by tvh1997
I have a conditional offer for Events Management starting in Sept 2016,and i'm going to put BU as my firm choice..
I'm also unsure about accommodation, Dorchester House is my favourite but I've heard it's almost impossible to get in, is this true?

thanks

hi

It is very hard to get into Dorchester...within 30 minutes of the accommodation portal being open, they were pretty much all gone so you just have to be quick.

I wanted to go there originally but was too late so had to go for Purbeck and I am really glad I did! You just meet people all the time and there is something going on, however it can be a bit loud but I just got some ear plugs!! The rooms are bigger than I thought and plenty of storage space. The bathrooms are okish a bit small but does the job.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending