The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anarchism101
It's almost as if the two sides have vastly different levels of military technology available to them, right?

Agreed.

That's why I can't understand the day outrage about Palestinian casualties.
Original post by FluffyCherry

Israel is not even a country whether it's been declared a nation by the league of nations or not! Many countries don't even recognise it anyway!

The League of Nations? 😐
Very funny!! Palestinians belong to Palestine and it will always belong to them!
Israel is not even a country whether it's been declared a nation by the league of nations or not! Many countries don't even recognise it anyway!

The Israelis immigrated to Palestine and took their land by force!

And yet in that time Israel has developed in mro a tech savvy democracy.

Its neighbours have people who still go to the toilet in the street.

The important country's in the world recognise Israel.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
See post 28 for some interesting statistics. :smile:

Commenting on imbalances caused by relative differences in military hardware and training is bot the best argument. I'm sure more criminals are killed by British police than British police are killed by criminals, but it doesn't make British police the bad guys.
Original post by GhettoSuperstar
Commenting on imbalances caused by relative differences in military hardware and training is bot the best argument. I'm sure more criminals are killed by British police than British police are killed by criminals, but it doesn't make British police the bad guys.

Your comparison is between police and criminals

My comparison is between civilians killed on both sides of the conflict

Not analogous.
The League of Nations? 😐

The League lasted for 26 years; the United Nations (UN) replaced it after the end of the Second World War
Your comparison is between police and criminals

My comparison is between civilians killed on both sides of the conflict

Not analogous.

It's slightly loaded I'll admit because criminals are usually seen as bad, but actually yes it is analogous.

Less Israeli civilians die as a result Israel's use of advanced technology, teamwork and coordination (much like the police), rather than due to the moral superiority of Hamas and the Palestinian resistance.
Original post by GhettoSuperstar

One would expect a military mammoth like Israel to be extremely adept at taking out singular targets, given the constant iterations and claims of being the most militarily advanced country in the Middle East.

Apparently, not so.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
One would expect a military mammoth like Israel to be extremely adept at taking out singular targets, given the constant iterations and claims of being the most militarily advanced country in the Middle East.

Apparently, not so.

I'm not denying this, just a few posts back I was talking about anti-Zionist religious Jews, but it's safe to say that the Iron Dome saves more lives than the benevolence of Abbas :cool:
The League lasted for 26 years; the United Nations (UN) replaced it after the end of the Second World War

I study international law, but thanks for the history lesson

My point is that the League of Nations never "recognised Israel" as you claimed in your initial post.
I study international law, but thanks for the history lesson

My point is that the League of Nations never "recognised Israel" as you claimed in your initial post.

I remember reading that somewhere!:mute:
But, I just did a little research now and it turns out that it was a myth!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MatureStudent36
They've yet to learn that when they fire rockets at Israeli civilians the IDF tend to fire back.

Original post by MatureStudent36
When high explosive gets fired around one thing is certain, innocent people will get killed in the cross fire.

What we see with the problem at the moment is that Palestinians love initiating conflict and nearly always start off any tit for tat shooting. It's because they lack any respect for the life of its population because they know that they'll get more gain from propoganda.

If thenpalestjnans stopped firing then the Israelis wouldn't shoot back.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-gaza-conflict-israel-breaks-ceasefire-in-minutes-as-eight-year-old-girl-killed-in-air-strike-9645558.html

Israel has been accused of breaching its own ceasefire a matter of minutes after it was called following widespread international condemnation for the bombing of another UN-run school in Gaza.

The attack killed an eight-year-old girl and left 29 other people wounded, Palestinian officials said. An Israeli military spokesperson said she was investigating the report.Israel had said it would stop fighting for seven hours in all parts of Gaza except for Rafah, the southern city where an air strike killed 10 yesterday.It was the seventh time a UN shelter had been struck since the conflict began on 8 July, and was described as a “moral outrage and a criminal act” by the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

A military spokesperson said that, as with other truces, the military “will return fire” if rockets continue to be used by militants.
(They broke a ceasefire in minutes and yet have the audacity to punish civilians for Hamas' so called rockets that have supposedly "broken ceasefire first".)

Gazan officials said almost 1,800 Palestinians, most of them civilians, have been killed and more than a quarter of its 1.8 million residents displaced. Israel has lost 64 soldiers in combat and three civilians to Palestinian cross-border shelling.

You're welcome.
Original post by BioStudentx
That's only for apostasy and not homosexuality.

I'm not saying the Muslim countries are doing anything wrong (though they are). You've gone slightly on a tangent here. My point is this. Muslims are all of a sudden interested about "innocent people" dieing in the middle east but seem to mention Israel a lot more than anything else (despite the fact they are actually one of the most peaceful countries in the middle east). What they do around the rest of the world is irrelevant.

Just admit you're Islamophobic (and, yes before you moan "Islamphobia doesn;t exxiizzzttt!" it clearly does).
This thread is about the conflict between Palestinians and Israel and surprise, surprise, you just have to pop in here and change the topic to Muslims.

Create another recycled thread. I'm sure there will be some in the religion section.
That party looked lit.
I remember reading that somewhere!:mute:
But, I just did a little research now and it turns out that it was a myth!

Just like your claim the other day that "4000 Israelis employed by the WTC didn't turn up to work that day and no Jews died in the 9/11 attacks".

You really should stop reading all these anti-Semitic websites.
Original post by MrKmas508
I was referring to the UK, I've got no idea about what goes on in the US.

'Murdoch' runs half the media, literally. oh he runs The Sun newspaper in the UK
Original post by cookiemunch
'Murdoch' runs half the media, literally. oh he runs The Sun newspaper in the UK

It may not be pro Palestine but it certainly isn't pro Israel.
Original post by MrKmas508
It may not be pro Palestine but it certainly isn't pro Israel.

huh you think so? Then why do they Headline/front page Palestine attacks initiated attacks, and never even mention Israel attacks?

tbh idk much so.
Original post by cookiemunch
huh you think so? Then why do they Headline/front page Palestine attacks initiated attacks, and never even mention Israel attacks?

tbh idk much so.

Tbh I think they barely ever mention it, almost like it's not happening.
http://www.ifamericansknew.org/history/origin.html

everyone on this thread should check this out, if you have time... :smile:

Latest