The Student Room Group

If you're going to spend £9000 p.a for a degree, it should be at a Russell Group Uni

Scroll to see replies

RG and League Tables are interesting but on the whole needs to be looked at with criticism. LSHTM is pretty low in general overall rankings, and popular perception, but is #1 in its own niche field.
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
Yes but you are the exception to the rule, and no I did not meet just 5 people I met dozens and a lot more when we went out, and also I go to a university now that has a RG uni in the samecity and these guys and girls from this other uni are just as lame, and again: not all of them, just the majority

Nah I honestly doubt that going to RG uni makes you a rich pri*k haha, I'm sure you're exaggerating quite a bit.

None of the applicants I made friends with at open days and interview days were t*atty in any way haha
Original post by anonwinner
You look like Cambridge material to me bby <3

Thanks honey cakes, beat @dairychocolate up for me :h:
Original post by RonnieRJ
Thanks honey cakes, beat @dairychocolate up for me :h:

Sorry, I'm an alpha male so I don't take orders from mere females.

Although, I do enjoy humiliating beta males so I might fulfil your request anyway just for the banter xD
Sorry, I'm an alpha male so I don't take orders from mere females.

Although, I do enjoy humiliating beta males so I might fulfil your request anyway just for the banter xD

Thank you x

Give him a bruise for every letter in "Wolverhampton University" x
Reply 65
Original post by flippantri
Title is worded strangely, sorry. Basically, there was a heated debate about this at school last week. If you're going to be spending so much money, £9000 plus living expenses, books, etc, it should all be spent at a good uni, i.e a Russell Group university... Does anyone have any thoughts on this? :curious:

Equivalent of if you're going to drive then it should be a Lamborghini, if you're going to **** a hot bird then it should be Jennifer Lawrence..........

Supply and demand someone (i.e. quite a lot of us, have got to fill up the spaces at the **** uni's), but I'm sure it'll make your presumed otherwise insignificant life slightly better! :wink:
Oh sorry didn't know I have to be uggs to be intelligent x
You have me wrong. I was simply complementing your skin, which looks like the finest silk material from the lands of Wolverhampton.

Please withdraw your neutered pitbull attack dog (anonwinner).
Original post by dairychocolate
You have me wrong. I was simply complementing your skin, which looks like the finest silk material from the lands of Wolverhampton.

I can assure you I am not neutered, you can ask @RonnieRJ for confirmation ;-)
Reply 68

:rofl:

Chatting up the rasmalais, are we?
(As usual)

You have offended the lady leave before I let the hounds out
Original post by jakeberg
RG really meant something in the past, but employers don't make much of it any more really.

Very naive if you think that's true.
Basically, if you don't go to Oxford or Cambridge, then why even bother? :biggrin:
I can assure you I am not neutered, you can ask @RonnieRJ for confirmation ;-)

She's probably not the best person to confirm that. All it would take for me to find your testicles is a quick look through her handbag.

Original post by nucdev
:rofl:Chatting up the rasmalais, are we?(As usual)
Never. I am a man of great depth and moral fibre.

You have offended the lady leave before I let the hounds out

I'm too hench to be scared of hounds. One backhand slap with my 2.5 kg hand can put a dog into a 10 year coma.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 73
She's probably not the best person to confirm that. All it was take for me to find your testicles is a quick look through her handbag.

Never. I am a man of great depth and moral fibre.

I'm too hench to be scared of hounds. One backhand slap with my 2.5 kg hand can put a dog into a 10 year coma.

:toofunny:

You're the younger, improved version of Sunny Deol now, are you?
She's probably not the best person to confirm that. All it was take for me to find your testicles is a quick look through her handbag.

I'm an alpha male, are you sure you want to get into an argument with me? xD
Original post by nucdev
:toofunny:

You're the younger, improved version of Sunny Deol now, are you?

I would pay to watch prime SD fight a dog using only backhand slaps, lmao.

I'm an alpha male, are you sure you want to get into an argument with me? xD

Yes m8.
Reply 76
Are you ok?? Lmaoooo
Where did you get that I studied at Wolverhampton lmfaoooo I'm in year 13 Hun.

How can you tell how good or bad an institution is if you haven't even visited. You might be right that it is "jokes", but you don't know.
I would disagree. However I do think there's little point going to a bad university for a bad degree is a poor choice.

But I do think what's good or bad can vary. But I don't think things are as subjective as some people make up. For instance on TCUG, you're able to order on criteria like graduate prospects or student satisfaction. There's no reason to use their blend.

All this said, I think people are suited to different things. My cousin studies communication studies abroad and a friend does Event Management. For me, they're useless degrees; ones I'd not consider studying for the briefest of moments but at least they're undergoing tertiary education! Perhaps those are the degrees they can get 1sts in and use to achieve their personal goals in life.

Besides, there is already competition for places at good Universities. If people didn't compromise, they would likely lose out on an opportunity to study!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 78
What most people fail to realise is, it's what you do after university that matters.
Original post by ahllb
What most people fail to realise is, it's what you do after university that matters.

I think you fail to realise what you do at uni/where you go will affect what you can do after university...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending