The Student Room Group

My Dad Ruins Christmas Every Year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Oh sorry :redface:

thank you :smile:

Don't be silly, I didn't been it in a bad way, it's worse for you experiencing it than for me reading it
Original post by BrokenLife
There are a few men on tsr who truly respect women. One of them is my absolute fav and I love him. And yes you're right but for the time being I really can't trust men. Perhaps after a few years. :smile: Anyway all the best with your life! :smile:

yeah maybe your mind will be changed in the future :smile:

thanks you too :smile:
Original post by GhettoSuperstar
Don't be silly, I didn't been it in a bad way, it's worse for you experiencing it than for me reading it

Yeahh... I'm used to it
uni is my escape :smile:

sorry OP for kind of taking over your thread i didn't mean to :redface:
last christmas I got raped in jail
my uncle always ruins monopoly everytime he comes round...
I'm really confused about this whole thing about other religions celebrating Christmas. Isn't it a sin to participate in other religions/ occasions.

Because half of my family is Hindu and I'm Catholic, I was taught that I wasn't allowed to participate in Hindu ceremonies. I think you should respect your dads wishes, if it gives him peace of mind.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xobeauty
I'm really confused about this whole thing about other religions celebrating Christmas. Isn't it a sin to participate in other religions/ occasions.

Because half of my family is Hindu and I'm Catholic, I was taught that I wasn't allowed to participate in Hindu ceremonies. I think you should respect your dads wishes, if it gives him peace of mind.

Its got nothing to do with whether he wants to participate or not, if we turned up on the 25th of December with gifts and food and fun for each other and excluded my father, he'd feel more of an outcast than he already does now.
Hinduism and Catholicism are neither here nor there, nor are related to Islam, the concept of theism shares more in common with Islam than Hinduism and Catholicism do to Islam.
Religion has nothing to do with my father's behaviour, if anything its his culture that's enforced to him to behave in such a way, and Islam doesn't dictate cruelty, or cutting your daughter out and severing ties with people.
Original post by Anonymous
Its got nothing to do with whether he wants to participate or not, if we turned up on the 25th of December with gifts and food and fun for each other and excluded my father, he'd feel more of an outcast than he already does now.
Hinduism and Catholicism are neither here nor there, nor are related to Islam, the concept of theism shares more in common with Islam than Hinduism and Catholicism do to Islam.
Religion has nothing to do with my father's behaviour, if anything its his culture that's enforced to him to behave in such a way, and Islam doesn't dictate cruelty, or cutting your daughter out and severing ties with people.

K I'm lost. Tune him out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending