The Student Room Group

Problem with AS/A2 grading

Hey there,

I thought I had this answered a while back but I'm still a little concerned. Basically I have a few concerns about switching sixth forms. Well I moved sixth forms this January. I currently HAVNT sat or been enterted for any A2 units, I've been put back into year 12. I currently have two certified AS's in English Language and Sociology. When I started my new sixth form I decided to resit some units instead of waiting to start in September on the A2.

I gave my new sixth form my UCI number and this has appeared on my entry's for the AS exams. I am sitting all 3 units in English Language. Does anyone know what the result will come back on results day? Will it take the best marks including those from the last centre or will it give me a new grade and wipe the past ones off?

In Sociology I am only resitting 2 exams and apparantly my coursework mark from my old sixth form will be carried over. However I've been told different things. I've been told my sixth form will receive an error message saying it is not possible to do this. And that it will appear with an X.

Both of these subjects havn't been rejected so I have certificates with them. Is it all doom and gloom? When I sit the A2 units and receive my full A level will they all sort themselves out and give me an overall grade using ALL the marks that I've taken from both sixth form or just my latest ones?

Sorry, I know it's a lot to read but I'm just dreading AS results day.

Latest

Trending

Trending