The Student Room Group

Abercrombie America... impossible to get on!

you're probably going to laugh at quite how much this is frustrating me but i'll put it out there anyway...!

does anyone know how to access the american abercrombie website. now that the uk store has opened i'm finding it impossible to get on there. i have cousins the same age as me in america and often buy stuff off that website to be sent to them and then sent over to me as it works out so much cheaper... but the last time i did this was a long time ago and now i can't get onto the website, it keeps coming up with the english one, no matter what i type in and is driving me insane!!

any help on accessing this website would be so much appreciated.

xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe delete your cookies? Sometimes website store info like whether your in the UK.

Or just type in the address yourself?
Reply 2
i've done both but it keeps redirecting me to the uk site. thanks for the idea though x
Reply 3
Use a proxy server based in the US.
Reply 4
mmmm... just tried and it works. go on navadoo.com and on the search box type abercrombie and click on search, then click on any of those links (eg abercrombie kids, link #5) and your in abercrombie america. should work
Usually it'll see that your IP is based in the UK and send you to the UK site. Do what Mr. Fox says :smile:
Reply 6
Mr. Fox
Use a proxy server based in the US.

and how would one go about doing that...??
Reply 7
boho
and how would one go about doing that...??

Aiwon
mmmm... just tried and it works. go on navadoo.com and on the search box type abercrombie and click on search, then click on any of those links (eg abercrombie kids, link #5) and your in abercrombie america. should work
Reply 8
im not stupid. that didn't work, it still redirected me to the uk site. it does work, but only for abercrombie kids, which isn't what i want
Reply 9
It works with the kids one but not with the others.
Reply 10
They really should just open more stores over here, i love the clothes from there!
Reply 11
I haven't managed to get it working using any web-based proxies nor custom servers with FoxyProxy (which is much better than using sites like HideMyAss etc. IMO). Either their site isn't working at the moment or they've got proxy detection.
Reply 12
I've been having this problem too. The sneaky b**tards have stopped British people getting on to the US website because they've doubled the prices in the London store, so if we could order from the US, we all would (even with the extortionate shipping rates, it's still much, much cheaper!). Grr....
I guess I'll stock up before I come home then....
Reply 14
Apologies for digging up an old thread...
I'll try and keep this as simple as possible.

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab
Click Lan Settings
Tick the 2 boxes under where it says Proxy Server, and enter in these details:

Address 67.52.216.216
Port: 80

Now click ok, then apply (or ok, doesnt matter too much).
Close Internet Explorer, reopen it and go to www.abercrombie.com

With a bit of luck and patience it may just work.

This may make your browsing a bit slow though, so if you're not going to be using the abercrombie site for a while, go back into the Lan Settings and untick the first box under Proxy server. Next time you want to go to abercrombie, go back to lan settings, tick the box, close IE and re-open again.

Should work! (It does for me :smile:)
Reply 15
I still order from that website and send it to an american address same as you so...

www.scoobidoo.net and you need to use the CGI Proxy, and use the abercrombieandfitch.com address.

Only worth it if your sending it to the US though, any large orders shipped over here and you end up paying loaaads in import tax as well as shipping.
Reply 16
neither of those work for me :frown:

the first way works on my laptop but not computer, but won't let me go to the checkout and the second way won't even let me sign in/open any of the clothes

my parents are going to america tomorrow, i want some abercrombieee! i don't understand why they don't want my money, grrr!
I am glad im not the only one who is finding this sooo annoying, i used to buy heaps of stff from there but now they have opened up the uk shop its absolute rubbish! i am not paying £60 for something i know is $60! plus im convinced we have different stuff on our site, its like all the high end stuff!
im going to give the above a go see if it works, not holidng out much hope though :frown:
xx
edited to say i can get on the homepage but nothing else using the proxy server thing, scoobidoo doesnt work anymore boo hiss
xx
Reply 18
mkkh402
I've been having this problem too. The sneaky b**tards have stopped British people getting on to the US website because they've doubled the prices in the London store, so if we could order from the US, we all would (even with the extortionate shipping rates, it's still much, much cheaper!). Grr....

They're MORE than double! I got a hoodie over there for $50 and it's £60 on that site. T-shirts that were $25 are £30. It's a joke! (But also pretty funny for me...)
Lols, I want to buy something off here. I know there are sites like fromus2eu.com which will ship US products here for a fee, but for that free+shipping it will still work out really expensive. I want this sexy abercrombie hoody for £40.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending