The Student Room Group

Help using this site

Can anyone tell me if I'm using this correctly, ive only just joined and posting in

Ask a question
Original post by 2016nursinghelp
Can anyone tell me if I'm using this correctly, ive only just joined and posting in

Ask a question

Kind of :tongue: welcome to TSR. :smile:

If you're looking for the nursing forum (don't ask what gave it away!) it is here.

Do you have any particular questions? :h:
Hi I wanted to know if you can use calculators in the maths exam at Edge hill and LJMU for Adult and mental health nursing interviews, also what is involved with the english exam.

Also any advice on what to prep for in relation to the Interview questions

Thanks
Hi I wanted to know if you can use calculators in the maths exam at Edge hill and LJMU for Adult and mental health nursing interviews, also what is involved with the english exam.Also any advice on what to prep for in relation to the Interview questionsThanks
Original post by 2016nursinghelp
Hi I wanted to know if you can use calculators in the maths exam at Edge hill and LJMU for Adult and mental health nursing interviews, also what is involved with the english exam.

Also any advice on what to prep for in relation to the Interview questions

Thanks

I don't think calculators are allowed in the maths tests at university interview days but this is generally because the questions are considered simple enough to calculate in your head or on paper.

The English exam will vary. It might be a comprehension task, it might ask you to critically analyse something or it might be a simple piece of descriptive writing. Ultimately what they are looking for is good spelling, punctuation and grammar; and clear hand writing.

Regarding interview questions, there are some sample questions around online. Google it and practice those. On top of that, familiarise yourself with the NMC code of conduct (2015) and the NHS Constitution (2012 - I think? Funny how fast you forget these things after uni!).

I can provide some maths and english test resources if you like. Just DM me :smile: Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest