The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

Diagnostic radiography 2016

Hi had anyone applied for Diagnostic radiography & received offers or attended interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, i just got an interview for UWE for March the 14th for Diagnostic Radiography. Do you have any yet?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
i have an interview for Diagnostic Radiography at UWE on March 15!! but im going there a day early since my interviews at 8:30 in morning and im coming from scotland. i also have one at Cumbria on Febuary the 17th and Robert Gordon on 27th January.
(edited 8 years ago)
Been looking for a thread like this, looking to get to Cumbria too for diagnostic radiography but haven't heard anything back yet? When did you submit your application?
Reply 4
I've an interview Feb 19th for UWE will let you know how it goes! Also have Robert Gordan on 27th :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yes please do, after posting on here yesterday I got an email from Cumbria, have an interview 9th March 😄!
Reply 6
Original post by kerriew
I've an interview Feb 19th for UWE will let you know how it goes! Also have Robert Gordan on 27th :smile:

if you don't mind me asking when did you apply to UWE, I applied late October but still nothing back from them.
Reply 7
Original post by strabane15
if you don't mind me asking when did you apply to UWE, I applied late October but still nothing back from them.

Don't mind at all i applied about mid December but i would be classed as an international student i may have been processed early?
Reply 8
Original post by babybabyblue
Been looking for a thread like this, looking to get to Cumbria too for diagnostic radiography but haven't heard anything back yet? When did you submit your application?

I submitted mines at end of October start of November. They took ages and I had to wait to get my clinical sheet from the radiographer I shadowed
Reply 9
Original post by kerriew

ooh i will be there on the 19th too! good luck x
Reply 10
Hello everyone,

I'm a first year student doing diagnostic imaging at UWE and I'm here to try and give you some advice for interview etc. I know what it's like to be looking for information and not finding any! Myself and some of my course friends are happy to answer your questions if you message me directly. I might not be very efficient at answering because I do have a lot of work to do but I want to help if I can.

Good luck! :smile:
Hi, thanks in advance for offering to help, can you please let me know how many days you are in University each week,what time do you start and finish each day when you are not on placement. Other than Bristol Royal infirmary what other hospitals are used for placements and also can u please let me know how many students on your course .

Original post by beth313
Hello everyone,

I'm a first year student doing diagnostic imaging at UWE and I'm here to try and give you some advice for interview etc. I know what it's like to be looking for information and not finding any! Myself and some of my course friends are happy to answer your questions if you message me directly. I might not be very efficient at answering because I do have a lot of work to do but I want to help if I can.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 12
No problem :smile:
The number of days in Uni changes each week. Generally, Monday's and Thursday's are practical days so you may have just an hour of practical on each day. Tuesday's and Friday's are normally mornings and afternoons. We always have Wednesday afternoon off. These do change each week though as, for example, this week I am only in 2 days. UWE are generous with holidays as not only have I had 3 weeks off at Christmas and Easter but we have half terms off too for studying.
As I said, the times of day depend on the week. Generally lectures are fitted between 9am and 5pm. We don't normally have lectures beyond 4pm but have done on occasion. Normally there will be no more than two 2 hour lectures a day.
Yes, there's the BRI, there is also Southmead (which is the nearest hospital to campus), RUH Bath, Weston, Gloucester and Swindon. You can't choose where you'll be placed but you can make subtle hints :wink:
There are 55 ish people on our course but we often join with radiotherapy for lectures and there are 20 ish of them
That is some good info! I'm interviewing for Bangor and Cumbria in the next few weeks, so I wonder if their timetable compares to that, have you found the work load a lot so far? What about when you are in the hospital, what have you been doing up to now? Thanks for the info, it's been a great help :smile:
Thank you so much for your prompt reply, can u also let me know what the interview day entails, what sort of questions were you asked.
Original post by beth313
No problem :smile:
The number of days in Uni changes each week. Generally, Monday's and Thursday's are practical days so you may have just an hour of practical on each day. Tuesday's and Friday's are normally mornings and afternoons. We always have Wednesday afternoon off. These do change each week though as, for example, this week I am only in 2 days. UWE are generous with holidays as not only have I had 3 weeks off at Christmas and Easter but we have half terms off too for studying.
As I said, the times of day depend on the week. Generally lectures are fitted between 9am and 5pm. We don't normally have lectures beyond 4pm but have done on occasion. Normally there will be no more than two 2 hour lectures a day.
Yes, there's the BRI, there is also Southmead (which is the nearest hospital to campus), RUH Bath, Weston, Gloucester and Swindon. You can't choose where you'll be placed but you can make subtle hints :wink:
There are 55 ish people on our course but we often join with radiotherapy for lectures and there are 20 ish of them
Reply 15
Original post by babybabyblue
That is some good info! I'm interviewing for Bangor and Cumbria in the next few weeks, so I wonder if their timetable compares to that, have you found the work load a lot so far? What about when you are in the hospital, what have you been doing up to now? Thanks for the info, it's been a great help :smile:

I didn't look at Bangor or Cumbria so I can't really tell you how they compare.
The workload isn't as much as I was expecting. They don't give you too much to do but I've found myself setting targets and doing my own notes after the lectures which makes the work build up. We had 2 January exams (which I passed well) and we have 3 more in March and an essay due tomorrow. It sounds like a lot but I think it's a pretty similar workload to A levels to be honest. It's just hard getting back into the swing of revising after 3 months of holiday!
I've not been out in the hospital yet (I'm only first year but we start in April). From what I've been told, the first week is mainly observing, then we'll get more involved when our supervisors think we're ready. We have to do 4 appraisals (where we're marked on positioning and stuff). We've been given so much training ready for practice, it's hard to remember everything but I'm excited to be going to the hospital. They say first years are exhausted afterwards so I'll see :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by nidddy123
Thank you so much for your prompt reply, can u also let me know what the interview day entails, what sort of questions were you asked.

It's a year tomorrow exactly since I had my interview so I can't remember everything!
Um so...
We had 30 minutes ish to go through a booklet and write answers to some questions - it was quite informal and there were about 20 people in the room. I don't remember all the questions (I think they change anyway) but some of them were like: how would you maintain a work-life balance? What would you do in this...situation? Give an example of how you use team working in your life?
I don't really remember the other questions but there were 5 or 6 and they were quite easy to answer. There was no maths involved or anything like that.
The actual interview was individually with 2 tutors (don't worry, they are lovely chatty people!). Mine lasted about 15 minutes. They basically assess your personality by asking a series of questions. The only one I remember was they showed you a picture of a man and you had to describe their emotions (angry, aggressive, nervous etc.). They asked about work experience too and what you learnt. Those questions were pretty simple too. I remember being really nervous but afterwards I thought it went well. The key is: dress smartly, be confident (but not overly), be honest, be friendly (ask the lecturers how they are and how their day's been and stuff) and talk to other people being interviewed as they can give you advice too.
Reply 17
Original post by kwhitman
ooh i will be there on the 19th too! good luck x

Hey I just got word ive an interview on 7th april .... how was yours
Reply 18
Original post by kerriew

Hi how did yoyr interview at uwe go ... how'd you find it ive one next week super nervous
Got an interview on the 19th April, anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending