The Student Room Group

Interview at Bournemouth university (television production)

I've got an interview at Bournemouth university, and they haven't specified anything other than the date.

Any tips on what I can do or how I should act?
Should I wear something in particular?
Shall I bring my laptop and show them my showreel?

Any do's and don't would be so helpful, I'm dying to get into this uni!
Original post by bethymanch
I've got an interview at Bournemouth university, and they haven't specified anything other than the date.

Any tips on what I can do or how I should act?
Should I wear something in particular?
Shall I bring my laptop and show them my showreel?

Any do's and don't would be so helpful, I'm dying to get into this uni!

Hi Bethymanch!!

Congratulations on getting an interview!

I think the main thing is to be yourself, it was you that got you to the interview stage so they obvious like you and just want to find out more information and what your passions are and the obvious questions: why this course and why this uni?

I would say dress smart, it is an interview so at least a shirt/tie and tailored trousers if you're a guy or if you're a girl, tailored trousers/skirt with a smart blouse or shirt (that's usually what people expect)

In regards to your third question, unfortunately, I do not have the answer to this one but what I can say is there should have been some contact information on the email they sent you. See if you can ask someone if they have this answer. If there is no contact info try contacting askBU and ways in which you can do this can be found here.

In the meantime, if you have any other questions please feel free to message me

Good Luck
Patricia :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest