ASDA vs Tesco?

Which, in your experience is cheaper? Not quality-wise .. just pricing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by raechelle
Which, in your experience is cheaper? Not quality-wise .. just pricing

Asda
Reply 2
asda all the way
They don't vary much, but I'd choose Tesco because they have smaller stores in local areas.
Asda. There used to be less of a difference, but Tesco has started creeping up in price - at least, that's how I've percieved things.
Reply 5
Tesco cause their sandwiches are better
Original post by Goaded
Tesco cause their sandwiches are better

As a person who doesn't like mayo, I will admit I go to Tesco for sandwiches as they have more non-mayo options.

By which I mean, they have more than one. :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by acupofgreentea
As a person who doesn't like mayo, I will admit I go to Tesco for sandwiches as they have more non-mayo options.

By which I mean, they have more than one. :biggrin:

I think you're the problem here tbh. Mayo is great.
Original post by Goaded
I think you're the problem here tbh. Mayo is great.

I am definitely the problem. The world would be a much easier place to live in if I liked mayo - damn my tastebuds! :hmmm:

How is it, not having to forage for a sandwich and having more than two fillings to choose from? Must be great. :biggrin:
Reply 9
I am definitely the problem. The world would be a much easier place to live in if I liked mayo - damn my tastebuds! :hmmm:

How is it, not having to forage for a sandwich and having more than two fillings to choose from? Must be great. :biggrin:

I'm actually worse off than you - the only meat I like is chicken. So I just get chicken salad :frown:
Original post by Goaded
I'm actually worse off than you - the only meat I like is chicken. So I just get chicken salad :frown:

Oof! I submit, you definitely have it worse than me in that department. :biggrin:
ASDA
Asada is cheaper, but their own brand stuff is substandard.
Reply 13
Oof! I submit, you definitely have it worse than me in that department. :biggrin:

But!! After trying many chicken salad sandwiches (boots, asda, tesco, sainsburys) my conclusion is tesco is the winner:h:
All I know is that Tesco's tuna pasta tastes A LOT better than Asda's.
Neither, Sainsbury's or M&S.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Give or take a bit I would consider asda and tesco to be just about in the same price range.

However, I sometimes get the feeling that the asda smart price range covers a wider variety of products so it might be asda that works out slightly cheaper. I dunno though, perhaps it depends on the size of the store because you can ger massive asdas with a bigger range and small asdas where this is not so much the case.

If you shop at the time of day when stuff is reduced, even marks and spencers can be in budget. I go there when I can for cheap sandwiches and meat and fish sometimes.
(edited 8 years ago)
ASDA is much cheaper. At one point there wasn't much of a difference, but it is quite large nowadays and I think that is part of the reason Tesco has been struggling. I have noticed, however, that Tesco have started to put their priced down a little recently to try and compete.
Original post by Goaded
But!! After trying many chicken salad sandwiches (boots, asda, tesco, sainsburys) my conclusion is tesco is the winner:h:

In my non-mayo choices, I will admit I've also concluded that Tesco seems to be the winner.

Still, for everything else - Asda! :biggrin:

Edit: Actually, Tesco do pretty great jeans, too!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by david9640
ASDA is much cheaper. At one point there wasn't much of a difference, but it is quite large nowadays and I think that is part of the reason Tesco has been struggling. I have noticed, however, that Tesco have started to put their priced down a little recently to try and compete.

Yes! And I don't know whether this is just the Tesco near me, but there's a reduction aisle with nothing reduced. I've even seen the price of stuff increased in that damn aisle.

I do agree that Tesco need to start going back to their cheaper roots in order to survive.

Quick Reply

Latest