The Student Room Group

MSc Finance chances?

Hi everyone,

I'm about to graduate with a 2.1 (likely to be around 65%) from the University of Warwick in MORSE (Maths, Operational Research, Statistics and Economics).

I'm just thinking about MSc Finance applications which I will be making next year for part time 2017 entry.

I have a graduate job lined up starting Oct 2016 working in a London derivative hedging consultancy for private equity clients.

Background wise i've had a spring week at GS, summers at 2 asset managers as well as a summer at the place i've got my graduate job.

Academically A*A*AA, 10A* 3A at GCSE and I finished my a-levels and university degree a year early. I've got volunteer experience at a high level also.

I'm not quite sure how I stand in comparison to other candidates as I don't have a first in my undergraduate degree.

I'm looking at London schools - Warwick (in the Shard), LSE, LBS, Cass, Imperial.

Could anyone assess my chances?
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Summer experience and internships is great, as is going into a graduate job...but it may not be enough. I have a part time job specifically related to the part time finance MSc at LSE and I'd say the youngest age of the students is mid/late 20s and the average age late 20s/early 30s with a majority of them having significant experience.
How do you finish a degree early?
Reply 4
Thanks Flibib, I appreciate that. I guess I could try applying each year for a few years till I win a place in that case.

@exceptional, I completed my GCSEs, hence A levels early so I started university at the age of 17.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending