The Student Room Group

UCAS references

Hello,

Im trying to apply to uni by the 15th jan, and its only giving me the option to add one reference. The course I want to do is a route into teaching though and I was told that for teaching you need two references. My ex college tutor thinks its uaually two references as well. I was just wondering if there was any way to add another referee? Also, my college tutor doesnt know the college buzz word. I have his email, will it work without the buzzword?

Thanks for reading
Original post by ersmith
Hello,

Im trying to apply to uni by the 15th jan, and its only giving me the option to add one reference. The course I want to do is a route into teaching though and I was told that for teaching you need two references. My ex college tutor thinks its uaually two references as well. I was just wondering if there was any way to add another referee? Also, my college tutor doesnt know the college buzz word. I have his email, will it work without the buzzword?

Thanks for reading

You only have one reference in your application, either a character or academic reference and then if you get an interview/offer it will be then that they will ask you for another reference.
Reply 2
Original post by ersmith
Hello,

Thanks for reading
If you are applying as an independent applicant, you don't need a buzz word. There will be a section of the application where you are asked to provide the name and contact details for your referee - you only have one, though they can include material provided by another tutor or teacher if they wish to. If a second referee is required, the uni will tell you and give you instructions as to who should provide it, what it should include, and how to send it to the uni direct (a second referee can't go through UCAS).
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Minerva
If you are applying as a independent applicant, you don't need a buzz word. There will be a section of the application where you are asked to provide the name and contact details for your referee - you only have one, though they can include material provided by another tutor or teacher if they wish to. If a second referee is required, the uni will tell you and give you instructions as to who should provide it, what it should include, and how to send it to the uni direct (a second referee can't go through UCAS).

Thank you so much, I just really want to get this right! Youve helped such a lot
Reply 4
Original post by ersmith
Thank you so much, I just really want to get this right! Youve helped such a lot
Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending