The Student Room Group

arms workout

so basically ,

my arms are decent from the side but they dont look as big from the front .... When i wear a sleeveless shirt for example they look decent but when a t-shirt is out on then its like my arms have shrunk lmaooo

My current routine consists of

tricep predawn - 4 sets of 10
barbell curl - 4 sets of 8
skull crushers - 4 sets of 10,8
hammer curls - 4 sets of 8
preacher curl : 3 sets of 10,8,8
dips 3 till failure
superseded with kickbacks

Could anyone give me some tips on how to achieve this ?

the general advice you will get here will probably be

(a) don't spend an entire session on arms; focus mainly on compound lifts (e.g. bench press/pull ups hit your arms hard)
(b) make sure you're eating enough

that said, if you are managing to do your current arms routine using gradually more and more weight then i'm sure your arms will get bigger
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tiger27
so basically ,

my arms are decent from the side but they dont look as big from the front .... When i wear a sleeveless shirt for example they look decent but when a t-shirt is out on then its like my arms have shrunk lmaooo

dips 3 till failure

Lol 3 dips till failure. I remember when I was 15 never worked out before. I could do atleast 15 dips till failure full body weight tricep dips. Sorry but you got unlucky on your genetics. The only thing you can do is train till failure every session and also eat plenty and healthy.
Reply 3
Original post by Xenon17
Lol 3 dips till failure. I remember when I was 15 never worked out before. I could do atleast 15 dips till failure full body weight tricep dips. Sorry but you got unlucky on your genetics. The only thing you can do is train till failure every session and also eat plenty and healthy.

3 sets not 3 reps lmaoooooo
Original post by tiger27
3 sets not 3 reps lmaoooooo

How many do you do in a set?
Be sure to do it in the squat rack.
Original post by tiger27
so basically ,

dips 3 till failure

Try going heavy on two basic exercises at the start of your workout. Since your outer triceps are lagging by the sounds of it, maybe start with barbell curls and close-grip bench press for sets of 6. Aim to increase the weight on the bar on these exercises as the weeks go by.
Having a arm day is good. I am currently not doing arms alone but I am going to implement them.
Remember your triceps are 2/3 of your arms so the bigger the triceps the bigger the arms look.
I would train like this
Monday - Chest + triceps + side deltoids
Tuesday - back + traps +biceps
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - chest
Friday - back
Saturday - Side deltoids + traps + arms
Sunday off
that is just a example
Original post by tiger27
so basically ,

dips 3 till failure

Achieve what exactly?
Reply 9
2 faps a day, and make sure to switch hands, yo'welcome
Original post by Xenon17

You best pray you're not calling these dips 'full body weight':

-----------
Anyway, OP, the way I have my workouts tailored is basically like so (minus the lower body+ ab bits):

Back, Delts + Tris
Chest + Bis

It means bis and tris are both isolated once a week and are also used as accessories elsewhere. The key for me is not to bang out a bunch of volume in one go, but to split it over multiple, more frequent workouts.
Original post by dairychocolate
You best pray you're not calling these dips 'full body weight':

-----------
Anyway, OP, the way I have my workouts tailored is basically like so (minus the lower body+ ab bits):

Back, Delts + Tris
Chest + Bis

It means bis and tris are both isolated once a week and are also used as accessories elsewhere. The key for me is not to bang out a bunch of volume in one go, but to split it over multiple, more frequent workouts.

I'm talking about the ones that theres 2 bars and you push up and raise your legs to knee length and bend your arm all the way then push up putting the strain on your triceps. I did used to work-out back when I had time..... Although I got lucky on my genetics I can get away with keeping my gains without working out much

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Xenon17
I'm talking about the ones that theres 2 bars and you push up and raise your legs to knee length and bend your arm all the way then push up putting the strain on your triceps. I did used to work-out back when I had time..... Although I got lucky on my genetics I can get away with keeping my gains without working out much

You defo got lucky. 15 dips for an untrained 15 year old is very impressive unless you were super light.
Original post by dairychocolate
You defo got lucky. 15 dips for an untrained 15 year old is very impressive unless you were super light.

Yep I weighed around 64 Kg back then. I could also do around 25 diamond push-ups easily.

Quick Reply

Latest