The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hi, does anyone have a essay on state crime? they would like to share
Original post by SJJ97
Opinions on social action coming up as the 33 marker on theory and beliefs???

Was on the stolen paper last year but what's your opinion on them just using for this year?

Not likely they'll use all topics in the stolen paper because that would be too predictable, and way too many people would have prepared. But there is a chance they may rephrase a question.
Does anyone have any recent examples of state crime??
Reply 883
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Not likely they'll use all topics in the stolen paper because that would be too predictable, and way too many people would have prepared. But there is a chance they may rephrase a question.

What do you think will come up for the theory and methods question!?
hi please could someone give me any predictions for the 21 markers on unit 4 and is victimology and punishment likely to be on? a relpy would be much appreciated
Reply 885
Original post by Kitty201322
hi please could someone give me any predictions for the 21 markers on unit 4 and is victimology and punishment likely to be on? a relpy would be much appreciated

Punishment last came up in 2013 and victimisation was 2012 ... So I don't knowv
Original post by SJJ97

lol thats helpful :biggrin:
Original post by SJJ97

Victims was also on last years stolen paper

If anything in that area, I'm thinking more control and punishment or maybe victimology might come up again because it was a tricky question, haha.

Original post by SJJ97
What do you think will come up for the theory and methods question!?

Don't take my word for it but I'm thinking either postmodernism or social policy. Perhaps even action theories.
Reply 889
If anything in that area, I'm thinking more control and punishment or maybe victimology might come up again because it was a tricky question, haha.

Don't take my word for it but I'm thinking either postmodernism or social policy. Perhaps even action theories.

They were my three predictions but apparently it came up on the stolen paper laster year?
Reply 890
hi does anyone have any predictions for crime and deviance or beliefs in society
Original post by SJJ97
They were my three predictions but apparently it came up on the stolen paper laster year?

Not all of them came up, haha. In fact, postmodernism and social policy have never come up. Action theories have but I feel like its too pleasurably complicated for them to let it slide. :lol:
Corporate crime example:

Starbucks, Amazon and Google - avoided (not evaded) paying tax on their British sales

Starbucks - had sales of £400m, but paid no corporation tax - instead, they transferred money to Dutch sister company

(edited 7 years ago)

Assess the sociological explanations for the patternsof victimisation in relation to crime. (21)
Original post by Charlotte_Ma
How do you set out your theory perspective questions?
Do you do it like theory perspective on
- Family
- Education/health
- Global development... (etc)
- Crime

If so.. can I see how you have written it out as an essay? I'm struggling a lot with interactionist perspective on society ..aswell as postmodernism because there's too many gaps. I can't find what postmodernism say about crime, global etc. Nor can I find what interactionist say about global, education/health

I dedicate a whole paragraph if I can't link directly to the points. Perhaps one from each area e.g. one from crime, one from family and one from education. :smile:
Original post by DKN
hi does anyone have any predictions for crime and deviance or beliefs in society

The predictions were posted a few pages ago - be sure to check them out. :smile:
Reply 896
Original post by Zay96
Self taught too. I'm just going through the each section of the Ken Browne A2 Sociology book and making mind maps HOPING that I'll be able to retain all the info....

i've never heard of that but i've been searching for a concise sociology revision book, so you'd recommend this? i just want a book to rely on haha so i can literally revise from just that... maybe i should get this one?
Reply 897
Original post by evekay
i've never heard of that but i've been searching for a concise sociology revision book, so you'd recommend this? i just want a book to rely on haha so i can literally revise from just that... maybe i should get this one?

Yes, i definitley recommend this one. It's orange in colour and laid out very well
Reply 898
Not all of them came up, haha. In fact, postmodernism and social policy have never come up. Action theories have but I feel like its too pleasurably complicated for them to let it slide. :lol:

Do you think action policy will come up then?
Is there anyone else doing Stratification and Differentiation? All I've seen is people doing Crime & Deviance haha

Latest

Trending

Trending