The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Studentxoxo
Hi all,
I've made my own notes on typologies, NRM & NAM: using Classwork/Ken Browne/Collins, I personally use size 8 or 6 when making notes because i prefer having all the information on less pages so zoom in if you're struggling to read or just make the size larger:smile: Hope someone finds it useful, I'll attach my set of notes for the whole unit once I'm done, hope revision is going good for you all x

Thanks, very generous of you :smile:
Hi all,
I've made my own notes on typologies, NRM & NAM: using Classwork/Ken Browne/Collins, I personally use size 8 or 6 when making notes because i prefer having all the information on less pages so zoom in if you're struggling to read or just make the size larger:smile: Hope someone finds it useful, I'll attach my set of notes for the whole unit once I'm done, hope revision is going good for you all x

These are fantastic!!!!
Original post by Noj777
Thanks, very generous of you :smile:

that would be very helpful of you :smile:
Original post by QUIETONE
that would be very helpful of you :smile:

Do you want me to email you that answer?
Nope, no retakes:smile: still find it hard to balance with classwork and making separate revision notes too but I'm getting there and you?

Yeah education....

But i am on top of that i think...have revised two of the topics already so I have time...
How are you revising? There is sooo much to take in!
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Yes :smile:

What is the best way to do this?

I am really struggling with exam technique...like how to layout the answers and what to include:frown:
Original post by Noj777
Do you want me to email you that answer?

Could you upload it here just because it would be easier and everyone could access it?
My opinion but the easiest way to revise and best is literally to plan every single essay question possible Obviously you can only do this if you know the content. so first read through your notes a few times and once you get your head around it read it again then summarise the content. once you've done this you can then plan essays because this is the bulk of the exam, so planning or even writing essays is essential. Obviously the only thing is how time consuming it can be to write out every single essay. Which is why I would plan it but it depends on how much time you have and what other subjects you're doing.
Could you upload it here just because it would be easier and everyone could access it?

I tried to, but unfortunately the file was too big. If you know a way around that, tell me and i'll do it however you want me to.
Well u can put it into 2 different documents and then upload it
Well u can put it into 2 different documents and then upload it

Alright
Thanks 😄 sorry for the inconvenience 😳😳
Thanks 😄 sorry for the inconvenience 😳😳

That's alright, it's not your fault

F****** 805 KB limit...
Original post by xxvine
Yeah education....

But i am on top of that i think...have revised two of the topics already so I have time...
How are you revising? There is sooo much to take in!

I got a B in education, Have you made revision notes? If you have then let me have a look at them, or look at them yourself, ensure you have all the content, key words & look at past exam questions
I haven't started my full on revision atm due to the fact I want to finish making revision notes, yeah there is, just try different things, whatever suits you:smile:
Original post by caitlin7
does anyone know the questions for beliefs in society from last year?

Hi!

I finally got the questions for Beliefs in Society June 2015.

Unfortunately my teacher didn't give us the 9-markers (as we were looking at the patterns of questions and predicting which ones would come up) but I've the 18 and 2 33-markers:

18 - Using material from Item A and elsewhere, asses the view that religion is 'the opium of the people'

33 - 'Religion is now about consumerism, where spiritual shoppers look in the spiritual marketplace for a product that suits their lifestyle.' To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view?

33 - 'Religion today helps societies to remain stable and to avoid conflict.' To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view?

Remember, you have a choice for the 33 marker (you only choose to answer 1)
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Hi!

I finally got the questions for Beliefs in Society June 2015.

Unfortunately my teacher didn't give us the 9-markers (as we were looking at the patterns of questions and predicting which ones would come up) but I've the 18 and 2 33-markers:

18 - Using material from Item A and elsewhere, asses the view that religion is 'the opium of the people'

33 - 'Religion is now about consumerism, where spiritual shoppers look in the spiritual marketplace for a product that suits their lifestyle.' To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view?

33 - 'Religion today helps societies to remain stable and to avoid conflict.' To what extent do sociological arguments and evidence support this view?

Remember, you have a choice for the 33 marker (you only choose to answer 1)

did you find any patterns?
Original post by itseigengrau
I love how relevant Sociology is but I find it so difficult to interpret mark schemes... plus the Unit 4 we do at my college is boring because it's just the basic views of theories (wish we could do Crime as well but apparently it's too long:confused:) so sometimes I dread :frown: I need to up my grade though because of the uni offers I got but I have no idea how that's gonna happen...:s-smilie:
How about you?

There's nothing to stop you self teaching crime if you feel you'd do better at it on the exam. I did this with a unit at AS Level years ago in Religious Studies andit served me well. There are good resources in crime. I'd recommend the red collins book.
Original post by beautifulbigmacs
There's nothing to stop you self teaching crime if you feel you'd do better at it on the exam. I did this with a unit at AS Level years ago in Religious Studies andit served me well. There are good resources in crime. I'd recommend the red collins book.

how is revision going with you

exam is in three months and i know nothing:frown:
Anyone studying the Crime and Deviance topic for AQA? I've finished it (For some reason, my college/institution decided to do the units in a reverse order) and could provide some strong knowledge and understanding for an array of the topics listed under each of the subsections/topics for both Theories and Methods, and Crime and Deviance. Will probably require assistance with the A02 side of things, however.
Original post by Tinemither
Anyone studying the Crime and Deviance topic for AQA? I've finished it (For some reason, my college/institution decided to do the units in a reverse order) and could provide some strong knowledge and understanding for an array of the topics listed under each of the subsections/topics for both Theories and Methods, and Crime and Deviance. Will probably require assistance with the A02 side of things, however.

Wow your class are ahead...we have barely finished!!!!
How many lessons did you spend learning one topic?
Have you made all your notes yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending