The Student Room Group

How respected is ESS?

Hi everyone :smile:
I'm currently deciding which subjects I want to take next year when I start the DP. I guess I am mostly conflicted with whether I should take Environmental Systems and Societies (SL) if I want to get into a good university. Do you think it would be better to take a more common science (biology, physics or chemistry)? Would I have a better shot at getting accepted to good universities?
Reply 1
It depends on what you want to do in uni. If you are going to do a non-STEM subject, ESS will do. If you are going to do a STEM subject, pick 2 relevant sciences (usually bio/chem or chem/phy), preferably at HL along with maths HL. To be honest, physics is probably the easiest science if you are not in maths studies, because all you need to know is around 20 equations for the final exam with super low grade boundaries.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr.Troll
It depends on what you want to do in uni. If you are going to do a non-STEM subject, ESS will do. If you are going to do a STEM subject, pick 2 relevant sciences (usually bio/chem or chem/phy), preferably at HL along with maths HL. To be honest, physics is probably the easiest science if you are not in maths studies, because all you need to know is around 20 equations for the final exam with super low grade boundaries.

Thank you! I'm not completely sure what I want to study, I'm just trying to keep as many possibilities as possible open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending