The Student Room Group
Just pretend you're going to work?
Original post by Isolus
So I've got my driving test tomorrow and have taken the day off work. My parents think I'm going to work though, so what excuses can I give them to get out of the house without telling them I took a day off and I've got my test?

Why is it such a secret?
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Why is it such a secret?

In case I fail. Already failed once due to stress and nervousness.. The whole world and his wife knew last time and that stressed me out even more.
Just tell them you're going to work, by the time you've left it'll be too late for them to ask questions and you can take your test in peace
Original post by Isolus
In case I fail. Already failed once due to stress and nervousness.. The whole world and his wife knew last time and that stressed me out even more.

I'd tell them the truth - no need for others to know though.
Reply 6
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Just pretend you're going to work?

I did think of that. I normally start work at 9 but my test is at 11, and got an hour lesson before that..

I would normally leave the house at about 7:45ish to go to work, don't fancy wondering around for more than two hours.
Reply 7
UPDATE: so my dad asked what time I start work (as he will be around my area of work @ 9 and wanted to give me a lift into work) I panicked and told him I have a doctors appointment at 10 (round about the time my instructor will pick me up for my hour lesson before the test). The family will be out from about 9ish and expect them to be back around 10 - 10:30, am hoping they don't see me around the area in a learners car or be back before I leave the house..

Do you guys reckon thats an adequate excuse?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Blondie987
Just tell them you're going to work, by the time you've left it'll be too late for them to ask questions and you can take your test in peace

Yeah did think of it, though I start at 9, leave the house at 7:45ish, but test doesn't start until 11, and got a lesson before that too @ 10.

Should've just told them the truth right? But I panicked and didn't want to disappoint again in case I fail.
Original post by Isolus
Yeah did think of it, though I start at 9, leave the house at 7:45ish, but test doesn't start until 11, and got a lesson before that too @ 10.

Should've just told them the truth right? But I panicked and didn't want to disappoint again in case I fail.

It's your business so you don't have to tell them and I understand the pressure of driving tests but I'm sure if you told them, they'd be supportive and you might stress yourself out even trying to come up with a plan, good luck with your Driving test!
Reply 10
Original post by Blondie987
It's your business so you don't have to tell them and I understand the pressure of driving tests but I'm sure if you told them, they'd be supportive and you might stress yourself out even trying to come up with a plan, good luck with your Driving test!

Should've just told them the truth. Oh well, looks like I gotta stick with the "doctors appointment" excuse I stupidly came up with.

Thanks for your support and answers! Much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Isolus
Should've just told them the truth. Oh well, looks like I gotta stick with the "doctors appointment" excuse I stupidly came up with.

Thanks for your support and answers! Much appreciated :smile:

Good luck!!
Did you pass the test? Curious minds wanna know lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending