The Student Room Group

Do University Lecturers tend to repeat the same questions from past papers?

Hi,

I didn't go to university for over a year, and now I have exams in January. I have already started my revision and my lecturers have posted papers from the last three year. I have made an attempt on these and can see a small pattern or similarity.

However, I am not sure whether the format will be the same. I was told by the lecturers that the content, i.e. what they have taught and the syllabus was not changed

My question is, do lecturers reuse questions and word them differently or them in a different scenario - or do they actually write a paper from scratch?

Thanks
Original post by stuser
Hi,

I didn't go to university for over a year, and now I have exams in January. I have already started my revision and my lecturers have posted papers from the last three year. I have made an attempt on these and can see a small pattern or similarity.

However, I am not sure whether the format will be the same. I was told by the lecturers that the content, i.e. what they have taught and the syllabus was not changed

My question is, do lecturers reuse questions and word them differently or them in a different scenario - or do they actually write a paper from scratch?

Thanks

At my uni there generally is a pattern in the exam papers.
I find it's best to learn how to answer the questions in the past papers you have, but make sure you understand the rest of the course as well just in case they surprise you with something you've never seen before.
I find that there usually tends to be a pattern, however be prepared for the unexpected.

Good luck with your exams !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending