The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Children and young people's nursing at Bournemouth

Hey!
Who's applying (or applied) for the BSc in Childrens and Young people's nursing at Bournemouth for September 2016 entry?
Have you been offered an interview?
Offered a place?
Share your progress 😊
I have applied, and been interviewed and now desperately waiting to hear if I have a place... Driving me insane if I'm honest!
Sophie x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, this is completely irrelevant to your question (I'm sorry) but I've just been searching for uni courses and this course really interested me, what are the entry requirements for this course and what did you do at college? I've taken Biology, Maths and PE and I'm wondering if I've chosen the wrong subjects as I'm struggling with maths!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Hi. I wouldn't know off the top of my head but here is the link to the page on the uni website. Hope that helps! Sophie.

https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/courses/bsc-hons-childrens-young-peoples-nursing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toot54
Hello, this is completely irrelevant to your question (I'm sorry) but I've just been searching for uni courses and this course really interested me, what are the entry requirements for this course and what did you do at college? I've taken Biology, Maths and PE and I'm wondering if I've chosen the wrong subjects as I'm struggling with maths!

Hi!

The link that Sjr22 sent you should hopefully answer lots of your questions, but both Biology and PE are really relevant to the course, so good choices! I wouldn't say that Maths is the wrong choice at all, but it's up to you whether it suits you or not.

Is there anything in particular you'd like to know?

Katie
Reply 4
I had my interview on the 8th December and have been offered an unconditional place. Fingers crossed for you.
Reply 5
Aww well done!!!! When did you get your offer?
I feel I'm in the pool of maybes now which isn't great for my outlook 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Got my offer on the 16th December. :-)

They haven't rejected you though so that is good. Still plenty of time yet for good news.
Hello :smile:

I have applied for the same course and I have been offered an interview,which is next week! I believe I am prepared for the interview and would LOVE to get a place!

Any quick tips?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hello :smile:

I have applied for the same course and I have been offered an interview,which is next week! I believe I am prepared for the interview and would LOVE to get a place!

Any quick tips?

Thank you :smile:

Hi futurechildnurse,

Hopefully someone will reply to your question that is on the same course and will be able to give you some more interview tips!

Unfortunately I don't do the same course, however I did have to have an interview for BA Television Production at BU so will just give you a few general interview tips....

1. Be yourself. From my experience I found the people on the interview day that were trying to compete against everyone else and draw all the attention to them didn't end up getting on the course. So if you have any group tasks make sure that you listen to others and work as a team.

2. Prepare yourself. Write down all the potential questions you think your be asked and practice saying your answers out loud. There will probably be some obvious questions you can think of such as "why do you want to study this course?" So maybe bullet point the reasons you have before hand, so on the day it will be easy to remember.

3. Relax and don't stress. I found my interview to be a lot less scarier than I presumed it would be. At the end of the day they just want to get to know you as a person, they don't want to scare you or make you nervous. I like to look at interviews as general discussions, the only difference is that you're speaking to someone you just met.

I wish you all the best with your interview and I hope this post helped!
If you have any questions about BU or the town in general feel free to ask :smile:

Gemma :biggrin:
Hey all, so i interviewed for childrens nursing at the beginning of january ans have yet to hear anything. I know it could be as late as March, but the wait is driving me insane!
I dont think it helps that we wont know what the grade requirements are until we get our offers. I am currently doing an acceas course so worries if the grades i have already achieved wont meet the criteria etc.....
Should have interviewed before xmas and i would know already!
Ignore the typos! Using my phone.... I can spell, honest!
Reply 11
Has anyone heard anything yet? It is nearly March and I think they have finished interviewing now (a chap at the hospital where I volunteer said he was in the last group to be interviewed. Hopefully everyone will hear soon.
Original post by Kat129
Has anyone heard anything yet? It is nearly March and I think they have finished interviewing now (a chap at the hospital where I volunteer said he was in the last group to be interviewed. Hopefully everyone will hear soon.

Still nothing, i interviewed 6th jan!When was yours?
Reply 13
Original post by mrsbish2014
Still nothing, i interviewed 6th jan!When was yours?

Mine was December and I was given an unconditional offer. I want to know who my classmates are going to be. 😊
Reply 14
Removed by poster
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sjr22
All I know is that they are full... No places left and there haven't been for a while. They have been interviewing for reserve places.
I'm not impressed with their processes at all because they actually are very unfair.
It's not bitterness, because I actually have a superior university place which I'm lucky to have... But all those people who have applied not knowing actually they have no chance... It's disgusting!
I was interviewed at the beginning of December and despite being told on the phone that they are full, they've not updated anything in their own hub or on ucas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasnt told this when i interviewed in january? They said there were 25 places
Reply 16
Removed by poster
(edited 8 years ago)
Heya,

I have just called Sarah Petty on the admissions team at Bournemouth in light of the concerns you have raised. She was very confused as to there you are getting this information from. Bournemouth are still interviewing for this course and have 2 more interview days to take place before they will proceed to make their final decisions. Offers were made before xmas but none have been made since, as they are waiting till they have seen everyone, which seems fair as it means late applicants don't miss out!

Sarah advised that they offer 50 places to allow for those that will not accept (due to offers elsewhere etc) but they do not operate a reserve system and never have.

She has also said that if any of us have any questions or concerns, then to call the admissions team. They always answer the phone and are very helpful.... I should know, I have called often enough!

Making accusations as you have, purely based on assumption is really damaging and can cause unnecessary worry to other applicants reading this thread. You certainly did me! Your concerns could easily have been put to bed if you had simply called Sarah, and asked for the truth.
Reply 18
It was the admissions team that gave out this information so don't take it out on me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
No accusations have been made. It's the truth! I'm not the only one making a formal complaint to ucas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending