The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Uni Accommodation

Need help! Starting in Sep 2016, wanted to go to Ricky Road but heard its getting demolished summer 2016. Which accommodation is the next best after ricky road ?
Original post by conor harrison
Need help! Starting in Sep 2016, wanted to go to Ricky Road but heard its getting demolished summer 2016. Which accommodation is the next best after ricky road ?

I'm at Marris and I absolutely love it! Really cheap (£96/week, currently £3,675k/year but might go up for 2016), toilet and shower only shared between three, pretty good location and a lovely kitchen area. Other than that, Park Terrace has seemed lovely when I've been for prinks, even though there aren't any pictures on the Newcastle Uni website, and people at Leazes Parade seem pretty happen. I would recommend avoiding the managed partnership ones (Liberty Plaza, The View, Vicky Halls etc), as they are further away from campus and the other uni accommodation, and usually not as sociable, and in my opinion it's not really worth nearly £2k extra/year for just your own ensuite
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
If you have any Marris-specific questions then feel free to ask :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest