The Student Room Group

Fashion Business and Promotion - Interview help please!

Ok so, I'm considering applying at BCU for Fashion business and promotion for my undergraduate degree. I don't know if il be apply for this year as its very close to the deadline, or for next year.

For this particular university they require you to do an interview as part of the application process. I was wondering if anyone has had an interview for this course or a similar course at any uni, and if they could tell me what is essential for the interview? For example: a lot of people suggest portfolio's but for my A levels I didn't do any related subjects and I don't have any type of portfolio right now. Also if they do want a portfolio, do they want design drawings or more media based things like photoshop images etc.
Reply 1
I had an individual interview today with one of the tutors, she asked a variety of questions like - what kind of work experience have you done, how have current affairs effected the fashion industry, and why this course ect - don't worry, it's quite informal.
For my own portfolio i just added media based stuff - I produced a magazine, photography, 2 mood boards, two pieces of creative writing work & background information on the brands that I liked. She had a brief look at my portfolio and asked some questions based upon the work i did.
Goodluck!

Quick Reply

Latest