The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why is everything so expensive? God I need to do some serious saving now and job hunting for the summer....
Reply 21
im first year vetmed, i thought college grove was better, but mary brancker for all its faults is probably the best place. It's a lot more sociable, and college grove is full of americans!! not that that's a bad thing, just that they don't go out that much. The internet at mary brancker is crap!!! but because they are flats of 7 you can get one person to get the "super" connection, then put a wireless router on it. This means you pay less for it! If i was applying again tho, i would definately go for ulu halls over rvc halls, because although it is easier to make vet friends at rvc halls, it might get a bit much for you after a while.
Reply 22
whats the super connection? is that the 6.99 one?
batty_hatty
you can use college printers as all computers have a usb port on the front so you can use your usb drive, they give you an allowance at the start of the year as to how much printing you can do (i think it was £10) and then if you go over that you have to pay but i cant remeber how much.

Ah thanx for the info! That'll save me having to get a printer!! :-)
Phaza
Why is everything so expensive? God I need to do some serious saving now and job hunting for the summer....

I know what you mean!lol! I was looking through the accommodation stuff - it's so expensive compared to everywhere else! I'll have to get job hunting too!!:smile:
College Grove connection is really fast and reliable. If you have a problem you can go to the IT department at college and they're really helpful... Only thing is that if you're into downloading films etc.. you should watch out, as they do monitor what you're doing (that's the rumour anyway). I must admit I download a couple of episodes a week and they haven't contacted me yet, so as long as you don't go over the top you should be fine!
I think it's 5p per sheet if you print off at college and you get 12 pounds to start you off.. which has been more than enough for me! But if you like printing all your notes then you're probably better off getting your own printer!
x
Do a lot of people actually do the whole wireless thing in halls? I've got a router at home and was thinking of setting it up since it would work out a lot cheaper.
Reply 27
a lot of people didnt think of it, but its definately the best plan.
Reply 28
First year students who are living in ulu halls which would you say are the nicest.and what accomadation has nicer facilities college grove or mary brancker.how many of you have already replied and made your choices even though its ur insurance

Liverpool Vet offer AAB Firm
RVC CCC/AAB Insurance
I can only answer part of your question as have no idea how the different ULU halls compare!
I would say Mary Brancker will have the "nicest" facilities if by that you mean more modern.. It was only built 2 years ago! However the basic facilities are the same between both halls. The only advantage I could see about Mary B is that they have a lounge area next to the kitchen, with sofas etc... And they have a roof terrace with picnic tables, and a flat-screen tv with Sky in the common room!
But CG is closer to college, and that was basically what won it for me!
x

Latest

Trending

Trending