The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Course Cancellation

Guys I had applied for MSc aerospace in this university and i am an international student. the problem occurred at 12 pm (IST), when i received a mail from the university stating that my course starting on the 11th of January 2016 intake has been cancelled due to shortage of applicants. now as an indian student i have to apply for the IHS VIsa (totally coming to about INR54000) and my flight ticket (i had booked 1 month before as i had no prior knowledge of this) costing me INR51000 rs. Now the University has casually sent me an updated CAS for mechanical engineering. I did my undergraduate studies in Mechanical engineering. Even if i think of going ahead with mechanical engineering i need an ATAS certificate which for the january intake took me 3 months(subplot: i had initially applied for the september 2015 intake nut it got postponed because of this certificate).
this is injustice being done to a budding engineer on behalf of the university.. It states that the university is ranked in the top 15 in UK universities? Well their actions are anything but what their position shows. i had waited for a year to secure this admission and who will pay me the INR106,000 that i have lost in various formalities... This is severely detrimental to their university status.
Rohith Iyyattil

Quick Reply

Latest