The Student Room Group

Nuffield Research Placement 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone in London received a reply from them yet?
Original post by bluegirl64
Has anyone in London received a reply from them yet?

No

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't mind me being too nosy; for those who were accepted, did you receive it by email or telephone? And what were your average grades like, I'm kind of worried about my application, I really hope I get it :/

I'm from around the Yorkshire area as well, has anyone else heard anything?
Original post by HellWontBeatUs
If you don't mind me being too nosy; for those who were accepted, did you receive it by email or telephone? And what were your average grades like, I'm kind of worried about my application, I really hope I get it :/

I got it by email, not telephone. When you say grades, do you mean GCSE grades or AS level predicted grades?
Reply 104
Original post by HellWontBeatUs

I got mine by email
Don't worry too much about it
I got 2A*s & 6As and 1B at gsce (+merit in add maths) and people in my school who got only A*s or more A*s than me didn't get in and I think it's because I put a lot of effort into my personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eda R
I got mine by email
Don't worry too much about it
I got 2A*s & 6As and 1B at gsce (+merit in add maths) and people in my school who got only A*s or more A*s than me didn't get in and I think it's because I put a lot of effort into my personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn i wish i put more effort into mine...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 106
Original post by Metapheonix
Well I gave my application in yesterday (27th) and my coordinator seems busy so I have gone and found myself an independent university to do a CREST gold project instead of waiting for their reply. My advice would be to ask any friends/ neighbours and email any contacts near you to see if anyone is willing to offer shadowing (even for a day) as this will help you to find someone else who could give you a chance at an independent placement or just work experience.

Hope that helps :smile:

Thank you for your advice :smile: I would try to contact an institute to find myself a placement these days. I haven't received anything from them yet. :frown:

Good wishes
Reply 107
Anyone heard back in the south west yet?? I emailed nearly a month ago asking when I would find out if I was successful and my coordinator replied and said we'd find out the next weekend but still haven't heard anything back !
Original post by AYK21
Anyone heard back in the south west yet?? I emailed nearly a month ago asking when I would find out if I was successful and my coordinator replied and said we'd find out the next weekend but still haven't heard anything back !

SE are to find out mid may but idk about SW

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 109
Original post by Themathgeek
SE are to find out mid may but idk about SW

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay thanks hopefully SW is the same ! The application deadline for us was March 7th what was it for SE ??
Original post by AYK21
Ahh okay thanks hopefully SW is the same ! The application deadline for us was March 7th what was it for SE ??

24th march i believe as it got extended

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AYK21

I emailed the SW coordinator a week ago and she says they're close to finishing. Shouldn't be long now.
Has anyone applied for the East Midlands area?? What subject areas did you choose??
Reply 113
Original post by thatllbeme
I emailed the SW coordinator a week ago and she says they're close to finishing. Shouldn't be long now.

Ah cool thanks! The main reason I'm so desperate to find out is cos I've been offered a job at waitrose but don't know if I can accept if I'm doing the placement!
They said they'd send out whether we'd been rejected or accepted by 10th May and I havent heard anything back...starting to get worried. :L
Has anyone that applied in previous years got a really late reply??
Original post by IDontKnowReally
They said they'd send out whether we'd been rejected or accepted by 10th May and I havent heard anything back...starting to get worried. :L
Has anyone that applied in previous years got a really late reply??

Are you in the West Midlands? I haven't heard anything either!
Original post by matt_smith764
Are you in the West Midlands? I haven't heard anything either!

Yeah.
I hope they get back soon, a few people I know have already got their replies :/
Reply 117
Original post by JZ0120
Thank you for your advice :smile: I would try to contact an institute to find myself a placement these days. I haven't received anything from them yet. :frown:

Good wishes

Hi. I have just got rejected and i don't know why. :frown: If you don't mind me asking so many questions, could you please tell me how did you register to crest gold award and how did you find your coordinator? I just wonder if my school didn't registered how could i apply for it individually?
By the way did you just find a university and sent them your personal statement in order to get accepted?
Many thankks!
I've receive a conditional offer and they've emailed me with various contacts I should consider emailing- any advice in who I should email? Everyone? Or should I select people who are researching things I think are interesting even if they're post graduate level things? They have said they'll help me find a placement if I can't find anyone, however it was also mentioned in my interview that if I got on, they had someone in mind! Any information would be helpful, thank you :smile:
Original post by JZ0120
Hi. I have just got rejected and i don't know why. :frown: If you don't mind me asking so many questions, could you please tell me how did you register to crest gold award and how did you find your coordinator? I just wonder if my school didn't registered how could i apply for it individually?
By the way did you just find a university and sent them your personal statement in order to get accepted?
Many thankks!

Hi, sorry to hear that you got rejected. Do you mind me asking what area are you from? Also are you planning to ask why you were rejected?

Quick Reply

Latest