The Student Room Group

Is 4 months enough to get A*'s at A-level?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Student403
WTAF LOL

And doesn't this mean I could have literally applied after ASs?? -.-

nah you could've applied after gcse, in clearing they accept anyone with C in gcse eng+maths

:toofunny: you don't know how bad it is
you will be fine if you're organized from now on. i highly recommend you make a revision time table. you can start by work out how long you're willing to revise before your exams begin in terms of hours per day.
Original post by ubisoft
nah you could've applied after gcse, in clearing they accept anyone with C in gcse eng+maths

:toofunny: you don't know how bad it is

Oh geez... And considering we did chain rule at AS, I probably wouldn't even be behind your 2nd year Civil Eng friend :erm:

This is a disaster LOL :rofl:
Reply 43
Original post by Lawliettt
Only on TSR do you have people not satisfied and making excuses for a 'low' A* in physics.

The point is that I don't want to act like I am the best person to ask or that I did everything right; I think there is much to improve on with how I revised considering that one less raw mark could have changed the whole grade. Maybe it's a bit pointless to say but I feel a little bit of an "imposter" when I'm so borderline and like I ought to justify that my advice can work
edit: Contradicting myself a bit here; it was a little arrogant to say in the initial post that my failure in the second exam was due to poor prep; it was probably due to the fact that the exam was actually hard and I fell apart, and ultimately I'd say that my advice works when the exam is tricky but when the exam is flat out crazy it's less strong
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ubisoft
I hope so, I'm on a gap year and haven't done any work at all yet, and my offer is a*a*a* :lol:

:cry2:

A*A*A*?! where tf are you applying, Hogwarts? :curious:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
A*A*A*?! where tf are you applying, Hogwarts? :curious:

M8 Hogwarts req is BTEC lvl 3 diploma in wizardry (so basically impossible like all the BTECs)
M8 Hogwarts req is BTEC lvl 3 diploma in wizardry (so basically impossible like all the BTECs)

That requirement is even more insulting than being a muggle.

That is the furthest of my Harry Potter knowledge, pls do not jest with me any further.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
That requirement is even more insulting than being a muggle.

That is the furthest of my Harry Potter knowledge, pls do not jest with me any further.

You... You MUDBLOOD :<

Don't dis BTEC. They're not as easy as you think :wink:. x
Original post by keromedic
Don't dis BTEC. They're not as easy as you think :wink:. x

Just a joke dw - I can't talk in a real argument because I've never done one so I'd be a fool to seriously think I know what they're like ;D
Just a joke dw - I can't talk in a real argument because I've never done one so I'd be a fool to seriously think I know what they're like ;D

I got an Oxford offer with my BTEC in health and beauty.
It's never too late! :biggrin: Even if you don't achieve all A*'s, you'll get significantly more then if you had let your worries stop you from trying!

Go for it! I'm rooting for you! :biggrin:
That moment this
my BTEC in health and beauty.

is more impressive than this
I got an Oxford offer
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Nah I did WJEC...worst exam board ever;

Word. :frown:

I even made Hitler vids for their exams this year, they were so ridiculous. If there is a further electromagnetism option per chance I recommend that because I did enjoy that with WJEC..not that they'd be the same of course

It may also be useful to take STEP II; some people do better in that just because of how they're feeling on the day

Further electromagnetism used to be a good choice. The questions were repetitive and easy (if you knew your stuff) from 2011 to 2014. But 2015? They decided to drop a bomb with a six-mark explain question about the reactance equation and how it related to something else that I now forget. And that was in addition to the crappy questions in section 1! :mad: Worst. Exam. Ever.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ubisoft
nah I've firmed east london so should be alright m8

LOOOL you have no idea, it's wolverhampton bruh. I know someone irl who goes there, 2nd year civil engineering, he's asking me how to do chain rule :toofunny:

100% SERIOUS

Kill me, please. :ahee:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GeologyMaths
4 month?! A2 exams are in June you ****ing retard

I said I had re-sits. Which are in May, YOU retard. :angry:
You guys have gotten very off topic.
Original post by AspiringDentist1
I said I had re-sits. Which are in May, YOU retard. :angry:

Rekt
Plenty OP.

Don't overwork yourself now. Do a couple of hours a day and work your way up. You need to save some energy so you can really hit it in the last couple of months.
Reply 59
Original post by Hydeman
Word. :frown:

Further electromagnetism used to be a good choice. The questions were repetitive and easy (if you knew your stuff) from 2011 to 2014. But 2015? They decided to drop a bomb with a six-mark explain question about the reactance equation and how it related to something else that I now forget. And that was in addition to the crappy questions in section 1! :mad: Worst. Exam. Ever.

I still sort of found that section a bit fun though; I reckon I probably got decent marks in it relative to other parts. It was almost hard to stop myself from laughing though it was so ridiculous; talk about kicking someone while they're down. :redface: I even did badly in the rocket section..

Quick Reply

Latest