The Student Room Group

Have you ever fainted?

Scroll to see replies

came very close to it during dissection of a heart :redface:
it was awful, got all sweaty and sick and dizzy
i'm glad i didn't faint tho bc there is a stigma about fainting in dissections :frown:

Original post by Changing Skies
Once, due to stress. It was awful :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww changing skies :lovehug:
Original post by Chant No.1
I almost fainted last night after watching something on BBC Three where a magician swallows something and seemingly cuts herself open to get it out of her stomach!! :zomg:

OMG I HATE THOSE TRICKS
ijeofije my mum is obsessed with them and used to show me - made me more nauseous than anything (and i'm not even bad with blood and **** but they make it look like they're in so much pain and i cant take it!)

once our deputy head decided to show us a kangaroo giving birth... in assembly... (on the BIG SCREEN)
multiple people fainted it was so gross *shudders*
Once. I had pneumonia at the time and fainted after getting up from the toilet. Luckily my boyfriend was beside me so he caught me and made sure I didn't hurt myself or bang my head.
About two months ago I was having a late breakfast, and I started to feel really strange like my chest felt tight and I almost felt sick I was still trying to get through my breakfast but I felt very out of it. My mum was eating opposite me and we were sort of having a light conversation, next thing I sort of put my head in my hand and that was it, I fell to the floor taking my breakfast down with me so now there's glass everywhere.

Obviously I don't realise at this point I'm fully past out, my mum's trying to wake me up for what she says was probably more then a minute. Eventually I wake up from what seems to be a nice dream, and my mum is just there panicking and crying like what just happen. I reassure her I'm fine and stand up and faint again. At this point my mum is frantic and I'm too out of it so she calls an ambulance.

My brother hears all the commotion and carries me to the living room till the paramedics arrive who stay with me for over an hour taking tests and asking lots of questions, and advise I see my doctor and get my blood tested because they couldn't pinpoint why I fainted.

Turned out I was severely Anaemic so yeah anyone who is Anaemic don't take it lightly, I knew I was Anaemic but thought I had it under control - clearly not!

Was really embarrassing for me too especially having an ambulance called out and paramedics just because I fainted, felt like i was wasting there time, but it happens!

I understand your embarrassment OP!

Escape...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 24
I fainted a few weeks ago there was about 70 people around me. I was feeling tired and my vision got blurry. I blacked out for about a minute. Most probably cause I didn't eat anything. I was so embarrassed cause everyone kept asking me if I was ok. Lesson learned now don't leave home with an empty stomach.
I faint once every few months. I last fainted a couple of weeks ago after an injury. I have hospital phobia and don't like the sight of blood. You shouldn't feel embarrassed
Original post by Changing Skies
Once, due to stress. It was awful :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhhh :frown: i think that's what mine was too :console: stress sucks :/
Plus as well, I remember during my course I was on at college in 2012, we were sat in a classroom waiting for our course tutor to arrive. Somebody at the back of the room suddenly grabs hold of the table they are sat at and falls on the floor taking their table with them.

We called an Ambulance for them, but after they got back up again, we had it cancelled. He went home later that day.
Original post by Anonymous
omg! i hated school injections - had to be held down my like 4 nurses just so they could get it in
fainting in school is literally one of my biggest fears omg i feel so bad for you :frown:

omg awhhh they must've been even more worried! Sucks though that you tried to prevent it but it still happened :/ wonder what causes these things randomly... is it like a reset button or whut

thats so awkward i cringed reading it... that sucks awhhh

It's okay <: One thing I will tell you about this, is that I hope you can look back on it in a month and be like "oh heheh I remember that :ahee: " Just try not to let it get to you - people forget these things!
whoa :eek: i guess it's worse if you're in public/ in a class :redface:
how did people react?

They were okay. Though I didn't go back. I felt too embarrassed :tongue:. I actually accidentlaly bumped into my old shixiong when I was working at ASDA. He was a customer :tongue:.

Me: You seem slightly familiar, what do you do?
Him: I do martial arts
Me: Oh, are you [insert name] who teaches Wing Chun?
Him: Yep, that's me.
Me: (bashful) I used to attend but quit after fainting
Him: Ah yes. I remember you....
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Escape...
About two months ago I was having a late breakfast,

whoa that's scary!!!
i'm glad no one called the ambulance for me i would've literally dug a hole and buried myself on the spot
you're lucky you didn't get cut up with the glass :O that could've hurt you really bad!

Original post by Joy0712
I fainted a few weeks ago there was about 70 people around me. I was feeling tired and my vision got blurry. I blacked out for about a minute. Most probably cause I didn't eat anything. I was so embarrassed cause everyone kept asking me if I was ok. Lesson learned now don't leave home with an empty stomach.

whoa... i never have breakfast... maybe i should start :redface:

I faint once every few months. I last fainted a couple of weeks ago after an injury. I have hospital phobia and don't like the sight of blood. You shouldn't feel embarrassed

whoa I've only fainted once (this time) in my entire life! would HATE to have it happen that often!
i've always been curious about this - what about blood makes you faint :O is it the colour or the flowing of it or what :/ (sorry if this seems ignorant im genuinely curious lol)
Awhhh daym that must've been scary though!! :eek:
wasn't your class was it? what about the person that was sitting underneath it!!

Thank God you were saved from actually fainting and getting hurt/ embarrassed!
Fire is really scary... my science teacher always tells us stories about how one of her students had loads of products in her hair and got too close to a bunsen burner...

No, luckily it wasn't my class! Nobody got hurt thankfully :smile:
Fainted in the Gurdwara because I was a bit anxious and was out for a good 5 minutes. Had to be carried out by my family which isn't embarrassing at all :smile:
Original post by Student403
It's okay <: One thing I will tell you about this, is that I hope you can look back on it in a month and be like "oh heheh I remember that :ahee: " Just try not to let it get to you - people forget these things!

aha hopefully! thank you :smile:
my mums probably gonna make 1322897934 appointments with the doctor because of it :tongue:

Original post by keromedic
They were okay. Though I didn't go back. I felt too embarrassed :tongue:. I actually accidentlaly bumped into my old sifu when I was working at ASDA. He was a customer :tongue:.

Me: You seem slightly familiar, what do you do?
Him: I do martial arts
Me: Oh, are you [insert name] who teaches Wing Chun?
Him: Yep, that's me.
Me: (bashful) I used to attend but quit after fainting
Him: Ah yes. I remember you....

I wouldn't! omg that's double awkward!! :eek:
what are the odds though - that particular till on that particular day :tongue:
aha hopefully! thank you :smile:
my mums probably gonna make 1322897934 appointments with the doctor because of it :tongue:

I wouldn't! omg that's double awkward!! :eek:
what are the odds though - that particular till on that particular day :tongue:

Ughhh I know what you mean -.- I (admittedly) told the store owner that it was a normal condition :redface: So he wouldn't tell my mum xD
Original post by Leviathan1741
No, luckily it wasn't my class! Nobody got hurt thankfully :smile:

oh thank goodness that's horrifying :O
never gonna be the kid that sits under the projector anymore :tongue:

Original post by preetg97
Fainted in the Gurdwara because I was a bit anxious and was out for a good 5 minutes. Had to be carried out by my family which isn't embarrassing at all :smile:

whoa a whole 5 MINUTES :O :O
I was gone for literally 5 seconds
that's a really long time!!
Original post by preetg97

Awww :frown: :console:
Yeah only once. Quite recently actually. It was 11th of November so remembrance day. The whole college watched this thing for it which all the public services people did. So there was quite alot of people and yh I fainted. In front of the whole college. Well actually twice in a way as when I got up I fainted again.
Original post by Student403
Ughhh I know what you mean -.- I (admittedly) told the store owner that it was a normal condition :redface: So he wouldn't tell my mum xD

lmaooo that's smart :tongue:
if my mum makes me take a blood test i swear... i took one like a month ago and URGH i hate them! you can see the blood coming out of you and she literally filled up like 3 bottles m9
Dont worry ur not the only one... I once fainted for a few seconds in history class and i wos in the front row too so everyone saw. I felt faint so i bent down ti get my water bottle from my bag and fainted and the person next to me saw my leg having a sorta spaz attack cos i wos half on the chair and half leaning towards the ground and got the teacher. That wos sooooo embarassing!

Quick Reply

Latest