The Student Room Group

Which superpower would be the most useful?

I say 'useful' as in if you were given it right now and had your whole life to continue living, and you were not living in some Marvel universe. So most offensive powers (laser eyes, telekinesis) would be useless because you would just be shot. Flying would only be useful for getting a bit of money for being some sort of circus performer. I think mind control or stopping time would be the most useful: nobody could harm you and you could even get the government to hire you.

Yes I have thought about this a lot (in daydreams).
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Controlling time and space. So teleporting and traveling in time/ stopping time would be pretty useful
The ability to award myself green gems.
the (controlled)ability to turn anything into money
I'd say telekinesis
Troll-vision.
Telekinesis would be useless? You've got to be kidding me...
I'm here trying to pull an essay out of my arse and right now being a duck and eating bread on a lake sounds so wonderful.
Immortality while having a biological age of 25, your brain's fully developed and your body is still young and fit, unless you're obese or sickly, then immortality could be really bad.
Original post by asmuse123
Immortality while having a biological age of 25, your brain's fully developed and your body is still young and fit, unless you're obese or sickly, then immortality could be really bad.

I'd rather die than be immortal.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Telekinesis would be useless? You've got to be kidding me...

Depends what level you're talking about. If you can't stop flurries of bullets and rockets when the government comes after to you for flipping cars, then it's pretty useless.
I'd rather die than be immortal.

Why would you?
Wouldn't that require you to kidnap the famous/powerful person you were impersonating?
Uni is normally pretty kind to me, just not this christmas.
Original post by asmuse123
Why would you?

I prefer not to slowly whittle away to dust over the aeons. Also, does invulnerability come with the package? Because I might be killed in battle then.

And it would be horrible boring and depressing.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Wouldn't that require you to kidnap the famous/powerful person you were impersonating?

Just need a sidekick with superpower kidnapping skills...
Original post by Lady Comstock
Depends what level you're talking about. If you can't stop flurries of bullets and rockets when the government comes after to you for flipping cars, then it's pretty useless.

1) Never heard of kine shields, have you?
2) why would the government be after me?
3) I'd use it for my own good, but not illegally.
William walker and invisibility would be the end as we know it
I prefer not to slowly whittle away to dust over the aeons. Also, does invulnerability come with the package? Because I might be killed in battle then.

And it would be horrible boring and depressing.

Well, since you can't be immortal without being invincible, then yes. I would probably wait until we have found ways to create or travel multi-universally so I can go to an early part of human civilisation in another universe and raise the Indian-Ethiopian-White Dutch to rule the world! In 3000 years.

Obviously, some nationalist is probably going to say "why live in the Netherlands, go to Ethiopia or India", but Western Europe is the best place to build a civilisation, even though civilisation didn't reach much of it until the Roman empire, since there are many navigable rivers for trade and farming. Eastern China would be good, too, but the Chinese used to see, and may still see now, non-Chinese people as barbarians, which is pretty racist.

So, Holland would be the best place in the world to build a civilisation due to Rhine estuary and if I was immortal and invincible, I would go there in another universe in 1000 BCE and build the greatest civilisation in the world with racial diversity, just to prove it works, but only if everyone has exactly the same culture.
I remember a character in Misfits once had the power to heal anyone of any disease.

I always thought, if I could have a superpower, that'd be the one I'd choose. Even if it didn't benefit me, it could be a lot of use to many others.

I don't think I'd need any other superpower. I mean, we've done alright without them for this long. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest