The Student Room Group

Chemistry degree in the healthcare sector

If I were to pursue a three year chemistry degree (that is, the BSc programme) what could that possibly lead to in terms of workin in the healthcare sector?

I'm interested in developing medication and preferably working in the industry, is this sort of job available with a chemistry degree or do I need a masters or higher, or (hopefully not) is it something I can only do with a more medical degree such as pharmacology, etc...?

What's the pay and hours like?

Basically, I realise that I sound very clueless, but I love chemistry and I'd love to do a chemistry degree. However, I've always wanted to help people and I thought that developing medicine is the best way for me (personally) to contribute to the world.

Do you have any advice/guidance/helpful tips to share?

Thank you so much! :smile:
I have a BSc degree in Chemistry.
If you want to go into medicine or healthcare study biochem, pharmacy, pharmacology, biomedical science, or one of the many chem/bio degree's out there.
Chemistry on its own is a physical science and most jobs in hospitals look for what is referred to as a life science
Original post by Zacken
If I were to pursue a three year chemistry degree (that is, the BSc programme) what could that possibly lead to in terms of workin in the healthcare sector?

I'm interested in developing medication and preferably working in the industry, is this sort of job available with a chemistry degree or do I need a masters or higher, or (hopefully not) is it something I can only do with a more medical degree such as pharmacology, etc...?

What's the pay and hours like?

Basically, I realise that I sound very clueless, but I love chemistry and I'd love to do a chemistry degree. However, I've always wanted to help people and I thought that developing medicine is the best way for me (personally) to contribute to the world.

Do you have any advice/guidance/helpful tips to share?

Thank you so much! :smile:

Wtf is going on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Wtf is going on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
Reply 4
Wtf is going on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked this for a friend who doesn't have TSR. :tongue:
Wtf is going on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

He's finally realised he's just not cut out for maths, took him a while
Original post by Zacken

I'm interested in developing medication

Seems legit
Reply 7
Original post by Zacken
I love chemistry and I'd love to do a chemistry degree. However, I've always wanted to help people and I thought that developing medicine is the best way for me (personally) to contribute to the world.

WHAT tHE ACTUAL ****
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
WHAT tHE ACTUAL ****

Multiple personality disorder
Reply 9
Original post by Student403
Multiple personality disorder

he should take medication rather than make it
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
he should take medication rather than make it

Omg :toofunny:
Reply 11
I would suggest Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry/Biological and Medicinal Chemistry. I know Imperial, St Andrews and Edinburgh offer those courses.
Original post by Zacken
I asked this for a friend who doesn't have TSR. :tongue:

"a friend"
Original post by morgan8002
"a friend"

Trust me dude we're all as surprised as you are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending