The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What stand DIEM and DES for? What qualification do you need in italian in order to be able to take one of their programs in italian?
Gwai
Were they buried in coursework?

The issue wasn't really there and they seemed to have to do a lot less coursework than in most English speaking universities.

However the undergraduate dissertation can sometimes drag on for a while because students do it and submit after the end of classes+exams. Someone might finish in July and then only actually graduate a year later. Also dissertation supervision/support is generally poor.

I also recall term exams in the middle of summer. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless the place has a fantastic reputation, particularly in the German speaking world. Some good exchange agreements too and opportunities to do double degrees with Sciences Po Paris for example.
Reply 22
I live in Rome and went to visit Bocconi for a few days last year - we had an MUN conference there. The university is really good, and its in a beautiful place. I would def reccomend it. I'm also half Swiss and know that St. Gallen is also really good, I have a friend that might be going there. In the ends its up to you, but I would say Milan is more interesting...
Reply 23
I can really see why Milan is more interesting than St.Gallen :biggrin:
Oh well, not such a difficult decision to make in the end :biggrin:
Reply 24
valeryblack
What stand DIEM and DES for? What qualification do you need in italian in order to be able to take one of their programs in italian?

DIEM = Degree in International Economics and Management was the english program of 2 years ago.
they changed its name to BIEM = Bachelor in International Economics and Management. It's the same course. Maybe DIEM wa 4 years while BIEM its def now 3 years course.

DES its the "old" CLES (Corso di laurea in Economia e Scienze Sociali) course.. = Economics.

I don't know about what qualification they ask for the italian program. I guess nothing.. you just send ur application, they look at ur grades and u take the test in italian.
Reply 25
ok, so diem=biem=the program in english ?
Reply 26
valeryblack
ok, so diem=biem=the program in english ?

yes.. they just changed the name.

Latest