The Student Room Group

Special underwear for football

Poll

do you wear base layer shorts for football?

Does anybody use the base layer type underwear for playing football? Considering getying some but they're quite expensive for the branded ones. Are they a lot more comfortable than normal pants or boxers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
poll added
Reply 2
and are there any rules on the colour. Do they neeed to be same colour as shorts?
I used them for rugby in the winter. Purely for insulation purposes and not because they're comfy.
Reply 4
Original post by SmellyProtein
I used them for rugby in the winter. Purely for insulation purposes and not because they're comfy.

I guess they would keep you warm!
Reply 5
I wear a base layer but over boxers. The ones I wear would rip my cock off if I went commando in them.
Original post by tobie123
I guess they would keep you warm!

Also keeps *******s from falling out and getting stamped on :biggrin: Although footballers won't have to worry about that with their small manhoods.
Reply 7
Original post by MJ1012
I wear a base layer but over boxers. The ones I wear would rip my cock off if I went commando in them.

I thought you supposed to wear them instead of normal underwear? They are so tight boxers must roll up and be uncomfortable under them?
Reply 8
I thought you supposed to wear them instead of normal underwear? They are so tight boxers must roll up and be uncomfortable under them?

Nope, but I wear Boxer briefs, so they're tight anyway. I find them pretty comfortable.
Reply 9
Original post by SmellyProtein
Also keeps *******s from falling out and getting stamped on :biggrin: Although footballers won't have to worry about that with their small manhoods.

a pair of nornal pants keeps the boys in place and stops things popping out
Reply 10
Original post by MJ1012
Nope, but I wear Boxer briefs, so they're tight anyway. I find them pretty comfortable.

good to know! might give them a go if I can find some in the sale!
Reply 11
decided to get some in the sale at sports direct. tried them out under my shorts at the gym this afternoon. Didn't find them comfortable, way too much material and felt weird wearing shorts under shorts
Reply 12
wore them to today's matxh, they're so umcomfortable, took them off at half time. way too constricting on the legs
Reply 13
Sports jockstrap under ordinary knitted boxers under normal shorts for football or rugby works for me. I play football and rugby. Very comfy so long as jockstrap good quality.
Hope this info helps 😎
Reply 14
Original post by Drez999
Sports jockstrap under ordinary knitted boxers under normal shorts for football or rugby works for me. I play football and rugby. Very comfy so long as jockstrap good quality.
Hope this info helps

lol didn't even know you could buy jock straps, and didn't know anybody wore them. Normal briefs under my football shorts work ok for me, can't do boxers for sport
Reply 15
lol didn't even know you could buy jock straps, and didn't know anybody wore them. Normal briefs under my football shorts work ok for me, can't do boxers for sport

Everyone's different mate. It's just personal taste.
For me I wear what I said cos it works for me. Prob need the extra support cos my 'meat plus two veg' bigger than average and need extra protection. Lol 😎
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Drez999
Everyone's different mate. It's just personal taste.
For me I wear what I said cos it works for me. Prob need the extra support cos my 'meat plus two veg' bigger than average and need extra protection. Lol

Lol. agree you need support down there. The guys who are able to play wearing just boxers will probably be the ones that are less well endowered and don't have much to support
100% worth the money for me.

I use baselayer all the time, I like the compression aspect, and also is comfortable, and I wear thicker ones in the winter.
Reply 18
Original post by Strategos
100% worth the money for me.

I use baselayer all the time, I like the compression aspect, and also is comfortable, and I wear thicker ones in the winter.

i just got some, wore them to play for the first time today. they felt really weird to be honest, strange having constriction on the legs so took them off at half time. May need to give them another go
i just got some, wore them to play for the first time today. they felt really weird to be honest, strange having constriction on the legs so took them off at half time. May need to give them another go

Were they full length ones? They take getting used to. Once I got used to wearing compression gear I hate playing without it now.

Quick Reply

Latest