The Student Room Group

Travelling to Southeast Asia

Scroll to see replies

Southest Asia sounds good and Feb is wonderful time to visit Vietnam because in the time, Vietnam have many festivals and good weather for travelling. Travelling in SEA is quite cheap than another places, you can save money by stay at backpacker hotels and transfer by bus or "Xe Om"- moto taxi in Vietnam
Do as many whores as poss, then get the hell out.
Original post by pje1000
Hi, i want to travel to southeast asia leaving hopefully early February, i will be travelling alone and need some help in planning my route/costs ect. How much should it cost to do the 'traditional' backpackng route of thailand-laos-vietnam-cambodia-thailand? including flights to and from/vaccinations/insurance/basically everything? i would like to go for 8-10 weeks if possible and should have a budget of around £3.5k? if possible i would like to visit bali also? Any help would be very greatly appreciated as im pretty clueless as of right now and need to get this sorted soon! Cheers

McLeod Ganj, you can rent a cheerfulrooftop room, with a view of the snow-capped Himalayas from $120USD per month. You could eat 10 meals per day, takentaxis everywhere and sign up for as many yoga and meditation classes as you wish and you still have difficulty spending $500 per month.In Ubud Bali you have hotels (private room) from as little as £6 with the river, the sea and all the culture you need. :smile:
Reply 23
Indochina !!
very nice!

Quick Reply

Latest