The Student Room Group

Struggling with AS level

Scroll to see replies

Lol 'GCSE'S Burnt me out' Okay Then
Reply 21
Get off of TSR and get some work done. Best advice I can give you.
Original post by rajneetk
is four months too late to be revising, can I still get an A in these four months?

No it's never too late, start now and you'll be fine! You can most definitely get an A :smile:
if you're "struggling" because you're unmotivated and lack any direction, you should either get motivated or just drop out and find a job? Do you have a local Asda or somewhere that will take you?
Original post by safiyyah98
No it's never too late, start now and you'll be fine! You can most definitely get an A :smile:

Thanks and I've started!
Original post by jen_2
I wasn't ready for all this work haha

SAME doesn't help i'm lazy af and love to procrastinate.
It may just be me, but I pick up most of the information from all my classes. Then I just take a few tests, see where I failed & revise that, works really well. I find the best step to revision is to always be fully attentive in class & note down everything the same day if you didn't have time.

If tests aren't your thing, try mindmaps, flashcards, talking to friends, etc. But try to do at least 1 or 2 tests for each AS subject and work from there. Good luck :smile:.
Loads of past papers are definitely the way to go. I was getting E's in maths at the beginning of AS and came out with an A at the end because I did every single past paper, some more than once. The hard work definitely pays off! Good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest