The Student Room Group

Future??!?!?! Help

Hi, I need some serious help with some even more serious life decisions.I am currently doing the IB programme with the following courses:

Swe A HL
Physics HL
BAM HL
Eng A SL
Chemistry SL
Math SL

You do not need to read this --->"I have a math brain so math is one of my easiest subjects and favourites. I have a passion for reading so I really enjoy my literature courses very much. I have a hate/love relationship with chemistry and would rather skip it sometimes. I like physics, it is not something I would see myself doing in uni but it is enjoyable. Lastly BAM... This is the subject which I actually do not have an opinion about, it is just there 3 times a week. Sometimes I do really ejoy it and therefore I have it as a HL but other times I draw more than I focus in BAM. I took BAM because my school did not offer economics and I loved the idea of a course combining social studies with some numbers."

I live in Sweden and therefore it would be easy for me to study here (it is free and I know the country well) but a part of me would love to study abroad (U.K preferably). The thing about U.K is that it is SOOOOO EXPENSIVE.
I want help with comparing the two countries if you possibly could try to help me!

I want to study math (my school did not offer math HL so I guess I have to stay in Sweden then???), literature (I read at least one book a week and love to analyse books...) or architecture (would love to combine science with arts, because it is two things I love). Sometimes I feel that I can only take literature in U.K or I would need to stay in Sweden, but I would so much rather take math or architecture and study in the U.K.

Do you have any suggestions on what course/how I should take/do?

How is Math in Uni in Sweden compared to U.K?

I have read a lot about how to become an architect in U.K and it seem very hard, is it worth it?

I am sorry for my grammar but I am Swedish and I hope that you can survive a second or two with some bad grammar :smile:

Thanks in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
If I were you I'd save my money and study in Sweden.
Architecture is a hard degree and requires a lot of creative and artistic skills, more than it requires maths. If you like maths try engineering.

I don't know anything about studying in Sweden or uk though or about doing a math degree, sorry.
Reply 3
How about either:

1) Submit your UCAS application to the universities of your choice. You only pay like 20-30GBP for that. If you get the offers you want, get the loan from Student Loans Company, as you are entitled to do so as you are from Sweden and therefore an EU national. However will have to cover your living costs. That way you can get a bachelor in the UK and then you can do masters in Sweden.

2) Do your bachelor in Sweden and save money for masters in the UK (the costs going to vary between 10 - 30k GBP, depending on the institution) in only 1 year because you get a master in the UK just in 1 year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending