The Student Room Group

AS and A2 in one year?

Hi all,

I never took my A levels and regretted it, I ended up going to college to do an Access course where I found I could probably get AAA in A levels.

I'm finished with college, and have no knowledge on the A Level syllabus. Could I book all the exams privately in May or whenever and do it that way? How would the course work side of things work?

Also, what percentage of A Level is coursework related, grades wise?

Thanks guys,
happy new year!
Reply 1
Original post by Mitchware
I'm finished with college, and have no knowledge on the A Level syllabus. Could I book all the exams privately in May or whenever and do it that way? How would the course work side of things work?

Also, what percentage of A Level is coursework related, grades wise?

What subjects are you thinking of? Some have no coursework and some are 60%. It will be next to impossible to sort coursework out if you do not have a tutor.
Reply 2
[QUOTE=Compost;61650765]What subjects are you thinking of? Some have no coursework and some are 60%. It will be next to impossible to sort coursework out if you do not have a tutor.

I would probably get an online tutor after some research I think!

Politics, English Literature and History. What do you think?
Reply 3
Original post by Mitchware
I would probably get an online tutor after some research I think!

Politics, English Literature and History. What do you think?

I don't think you've got a cat in hell's chance of managing 3 A levels in 5 months.

Politics is the easiest and has no coursework. There are 4 units, each equally weighted.

If you attempt English Literature or History then the specifications are in the middle of changing and you would have to take the old spec as only AS is available this year for new spec.

English Literature has coursework at AS and A2, History has coursework at A2 (unless (I think) you go for the NI board, CCEA but it would be hard to find an English centre registered with them).

The entry deadline for the Summer is 21 February but many centres will close their books to private candidates well before that (some of them were in December) and it is very hard to find a centre to accept you for coursework entries.

Quick Reply

Latest