The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i havent started yet i have been concentrating on my ICT coursework, i need 2 b's in both courseworks so that i can get a C at A Level, worked my socks off got my 2 B's. Suppose i better start revising for business studies and accounting. lol
Reply 21
I get the feeling that a lot of people here are going to be posting in a thread called "I failed my exams because I had too many assignments to do before I could revise" come August. Myself included. :frown:
I've still got so much work to get done. The psychology teacher we had whilst our other one was on maternity leave hasn't finished teaching us all the stuff we need to know for the exam. We've still got 4 more booklets to get finished in 28 days, it angers me the way when the normal teacher is off the other teacher doesn't seem to make us work as hard and is less strict, which is fine, but not when we are so close to the exams and also behind. My head is wrecked at the moment! Sooner these exams are out of the way, the better. :smile:
Reply 23
is it just me? or are ppl finding a2 a lot harder.. i remember AS.. i never did much work.. and when i revised for exams (which was like one day or 2 days b4 the exam) i got a lot better than wht i did for my jan exams.. and jan exams.. i did do a bit more revision than usual.. although i woke up late for my chem exam and did 1 hours revision only.. hence got myself a nice U..
but arrrrggghh.. i'm doing so many resits too.. i got soo many exams.. and have i started revision?

err noh.. because i have to -Vise before i start Re-vising..

(terrible i know.. LOL)

and 4 A2s are not reccommended.. :damnmate:
I finish at 10.30 on a Wednesday giving me a lot of time to do some revision. I've started revising for 25 minutes and then taking a 20 minute break, although the breaks seem to be getting longer and longer.

I've been revising the key studies for psychology still today so have only got three pages of notes done, but most of it has stuck in my mind which I am pleased about. I just wish the exams were out of the way because I am so stressed out.

There are people in my class that haven't even started revising and some of them aren't even going to. :s-smilie: I didn't revise for my January exam because I had just had an operation and was recovering/stressed/worried and ended up with a D, extremely disappointed with that and have now been giving the kick up the arse that I need, why isn't everyone else who got D/E/U like that?
Reply 25
Unagi
The psychology teacher we had whilst our other one was on maternity leave hasn't finished teaching us all the stuff we need to know for the exam. We've still got 4 more booklets to get finished in 28 days

If you're doing AQA A there are one or two bits you can afford to leave out / not revise so much. If the booklets you need are in one topic out of Unit 4 for example, you could just not bother. I do sympathise though, I have 40 or so sections of Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil left to cover in philosophy, and we've only done about 70 so far this year. Why don't lecturers plan things better? :rolleyes:
Unagi
There are people in my class that haven't even started revising and some of them aren't even going to. :s-smilie: I didn't revise for my January exam because I had just had an operation and was recovering/stressed/worried and ended up with a D, extremely disappointed with that and have now been giving the kick up the arse that I need, why isn't everyone else who got D/E/U like that?

Because some people just don't care about their A-levels at all and only go to sixth form/college so they don't have to get a job. Unfortunately there are still people like that at uni. A girl on my course probably misses at least half of all lectures/seminars/language classes, she's often late to the ones she does turn up to, she usually gets 3rds and she didn't even bother doing the coursework for one of our modules! When she was telling me about it and how her maximum mark is now capped at 40%, which basically means she's failed 25% of the module, she said she was 'chilled out about it'. :rolleyes:
londonboym
i think im gunna start some hardcore revision from tomorrow lol. i need to b'cos i need BBC for soton uni.

anyone already started?

I haven't started yet. Well, we have in classes. not in life.

AND I am going to fail psychology.

Go me.
Unagi
I've still got so much work to get done. The psychology teacher we had whilst our other one was on maternity leave hasn't finished teaching us all the stuff we need to know for the exam. We've still got 4 more booklets to get finished in 28 days, it angers me the way when the normal teacher is off the other teacher doesn't seem to make us work as hard and is less strict, which is fine, but not when we are so close to the exams and also behind. My head is wrecked at the moment! Sooner these exams are out of the way, the better. :smile:

Lol, I have the most useless psychology teacher in the world. He seems to have decided that we can do unit 5 without any guidance whatsoever 'cause it's just like unit 3 really'. What a idiot. Therefore we aren't DOING unit 5.

Byebye uni. :O(
I find it hard to revise seeing as I get loads of homework, but i guess that homework could count as ongoing compulsory revision, plus we're having loads of mocks which im trying to revise for so i guess that counts as proper revision for my exams? :s-smilie: im technically doing AS though not A2...
I have been doing dribs and drabs since the start of April but from tomorrow I am going to do 4 hours a weekday minimum and 6 hours on a weekend day minimum. I've got to stay motivated though but I really wan't AAAAA/AAAAB.
I visited warwick yesterday and loved it so hopefully the thought of not being able to apply there if I get crappy grades will spur me on.

It's going to be hard *sigh*

I'm not looking forward to it :s-smilie:

My psychology exam is in three weeks now and I have yet to SELF TEACH a whole module.

I'm going to ban myslef from the internet officially as of tomorrow. Except Sunday evenings after 6pm. I'm really easily distracetd though so need to learn to overcome this. Its proving difficult. I don't know how i'm going to do this. I'll just have to keep telling myself this is my future. :eek: And how crappy i will feel if i don't get AAABB at least.

I know I am capable. I just need to work super hard until the exams.

Wish me luck for the next 38 Days - i'm going to need it.

Oh crap. 38 days, I have left it too late. :afraid: I should never have counted

*runs off to study*:ciao:

See you next Sunday
Reply 31
lollie
Wish me luck for the next 38 Days - i'm going to need it.

Good luck!!! Hope you achieve what you aim to! You will feel so much better this time next Sunday if you stick at it. :biggrin: :smile: :biggrin:
Reply 32
Started properly yesterday.
I have done a lot of revision today, although I'm now very tired and can't remember an awful lot! I revise for half an hour and that could be making notes, going over past papers and then having a break.
I have now officially done a grand total of......1 hour's revision :p: And it wasn't even for a proper end of year exam, just one of the 3 tests I have next week that also count towards my final mark. I'm failing miserably today though. I got up at 9, it's now 12.30 and I've done precisely nothing. I really need my Internet to be down from now until the end of exams!
I've started as Latin revising the set text was constant revision from christmas, and I vow myself to do some revision every day, as Jan was a real wake up call (DC)
I kinda started a bit in the easter hollls but then I decided that I had ages until the exams so stopped again. I've half hartedly done a bit since then. I'm thinking that I should revise. I did really well in the jan exams but that was after quite some revision. I think I may have done too much, if you ever can. I don't really know if I need to be ause we've got a week of study leave and a week of half term before the exams start and I've only got about 6 modules so it shouldn't be too bad (not incl. pracs whech are before study leave - AHHH).
Reply 37
I still haven't started...i don't know what's wrong with me, i just can't seem to do it. :frown:This is so not like me last year i started in easter and was all prepared and had a revision plan. This year i haven't even bothered to look at what's on the syllabus for each of my exams.

College is just one big distraction if i wasn't forced to go there and could just stay home and revise i think i would actually get something done.
I wish we got study leave. :frown:

I've never revised in the past, ever, so this whole 'revision' thing is new to me. Maybe that's why I don't mind doing it. :p:
Reply 39
kinda started this morning during a free lesson.
i need to sort out a revision plan first though...like, look at all the specs and stuff. i dont know what the focaccia im supposed to be revising in half my subjects!

Latest