The Student Room Group

Lunatic Erdogan cites Hitler’s Germany as example of effective presidential system.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maker
LOL, looks like you been reading too many revisionists.

Or you've never actually studied the matter properly ..
Original post by MatureStudent36
x

You are :

1. Pro Zionist
2. Pro America
3. Islamopbobic
4. Have quite racist views about Arabs

And now, you top the list off by defending erdogan.

I ask you - do you think we live one life, and that's it - that we have no conscience?
Original post by Tawheed
You are :

1. Pro Zionist
2. Pro America
3. Islamopbobic
4. Have quite racist views about Arabs

And now, you top the list off by defending erdogan.

I ask you - do you think we live one life, and that's it - that we have no conscience?

Am I pro a country's right to exist? Hell yes.

Am I pro American? I support western style democracy's that defend the rights of others.

Am I islampohonic? I criticise religious zealots of all persuasion be they Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, buddihist, Hindu or any other religion you care to mention.

Do I have racist views on Arabs? I merely point out that in many cases, not all, they hold backward viewpoints. The same as Christian fundamentalists in America, Russian nationalists. Do you think it's racist to point out weaknesses?
Original post by whorace
By 1944 I agree with you completely, but that's more a weakness of Hitler than his presidential form of government, if he had someone more competent at the helm I think it may have been different.

So that system has a massive floor in that in can be driven into the dirt by an incompetent leader. That is a problem with the system, if it means you can not replace bad leaders.

Don't try and twist your view my friend. You have defended Israel's slaughter of civilians, use of chemical weapons, and have with an extreme biased agenda, taken their side on almost everything. It has a lot more than simply believing israel have a right to exist. I believe jews in israel have a right to exist, WITH the muslims, WITH the christians under ONE state, where ALL are treated equally and there is no south-african style apartheid.

Am I pro American? I support western style democracy's that defend the rights of others.

You've supported and boasted about the iraq war (which you fought in), you've boasted about all of America's interventions et al. You've even stated Sarah Palin is Ron Pauls intellectual superior.

And please - who has caused devastation in Iraq? Who has caused needless meddling in the west? Who brought alqaeda to power to fight the soviets? Who caused the massive destabalization in Syria by virtue of them and their gulf allies?

Am I islampohonic? I criticise religious zealots of all persuasion be they Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh, buddihist, Hindu or any other religion you care to mention.

I'll find the quotes and bring them back to you.

To even claim your views are sensible, or logical, or fair is really bending reality here.

But worst of all, you've tried to incite secterian hatred. Report legitimate threads of mine which by the way, the moderators are now keeping an eye on you about (almost every 'ticket' has been reversed).
(edited 8 years ago)
Him and Merkel are in bed after all. Two Nazi sympathisers at their best.

I can't believe the left wing and liberal pro EU voters actually want Turkey in the EU.
Original post by Tawheed
Don't try and twist your view my friend. You have defended Israel's slaughter of civilians, use of chemical weapons, and have with an extreme biased agenda, taken their side on almost everything. It has a lot more than simply believing israel have a right to exist. I believe jews in israel have a right to exist, WITH the muslims, WITH the christians under ONE state, where ALL are treated equally and there is no south-african style apartheid.

You've supported and boasted about the iraq war (which you fought in), you've boasted about all of America's interventions et al. You've even stated Sarah Palin is Ron Pauls intellectual superior.

And please - who has caused devastation in Iraq? Who has caused needless meddling in the west? Who brought alqaeda to power to fight the soviets? Who caused the massive destabalization in Syria by virtue of them and their gulf allies?

I'll find the quotes and bring them back to you.

To even claim your views are sensible, or logical, or fair is really bending reality here.

But worst of all, you've tried to incite secterian hatred. Report legitimate threads of mine which by the way, the moderators are now keeping an eye on you about (almost every 'ticket' has been reversed).

I haven't defended Israelis killing of Palestinians. Merely pointed out that because Palestinians let rockets be fired at Israel targeting Israeli citizens the you expect Israel to sit back and take it.

If somebody throws bricks at my windows I'm going to deal with the person throwing bricks, not keep on replacing broken windows.

You've yet to tell me what chemical weapons the Israelis have used? Blister agents? Blood agents? I'm still waiting.

Over twenty percent of the state of Israel is made up of Arabs, so that shows that Arabs and Israelis can co exist. Amazingly, the gaze strip is reliant on Israel, but Iranian backed Hamas don't like that. They get power from stirring up trouble. It's like PIRA and any other terrorist organisation. They loose power when there's no trouble so hey create trouble to maintain power. Iran uses Palestinians like pawns.

The devastation in what is now democratic Iraq was caused by a combination of Iraqis and Iranians . It wasn't the coalition taking out reconstruction crews. You do know that most deaths in Iraq were Arab on Arab. Iran stirred up shia's and helped provoke sectarian attacks.

I haven't tried to incite sectarian hatred. That's you with your pro Iranian posts . I find sunni and Shia equally at fault. After all who kills somebody over what some block did in the 7th century.

Tell me again who were the major players against the soviets in Afghanistan? AQ or the Peshawar seven.
Reply 27
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
So that system has a massive floor in that in can be driven into the dirt by an incompetent leader. That is a problem with the system, if it means you can not replace bad leaders.

So can democracy, e.g Spain, Germany and Portugal before authoritarianism
Original post by whorace
So can democracy, e.g Spain, Germany and Portugal before authoritarianism

It's a lot easier get rid of a leader in a democracy for obvious reasons. Under Fascism you would have to do it via some kind of couq.

I like how he uses "pro-Zionist" and "pro-Israel" as an insult in itself i.n the same way that others use ISIS-supporter etc as an insult. Like supporting Israel's right to exist is an abhorrent position to take.

What a scum bag.
Reply 30
It's a lot easier get rid of a leader in a democracy for obvious reasons. Under Fascism you would have to do it via some kind of couq.

True, but a strong presidential executive is not synonymous with fascism, actually since they rely far more on national referendums and not the authority of parliaments it may be stronger when the war effort is failing.

Quite right. Good point.
Original post by whorace
True, but a strong presidential executive is not synonymous with fascism, actually since they rely far more on national referendums and not the authority of parliaments it may be stronger when the war effort is failing.

Yeah but we are talking about German Fascism under Hitler here. Not say the American system.
Original post by Skip_Snip
But Erdogan usually makes soo much sense!!!!!

I know right, Erdogan doing something/saying something inflammatory? That's so unlike him!!

In all seriousness though, I'm a pro-EU guy but I cannot trust a country who elects such a person with EU membership. I'd do a 180 in my support for the EU if Turkey ever gets in. I'd consider it to be the height of irresponsibility.
Original post by KimKallstrom
I like how he uses "pro-Zionist" and "pro-Israel" as an insult in itself i.n the same way that others use ISIS-supporter etc as an insult. Like supporting Israel's right to exist is an abhorrent position to take.

What a scum bag.

I'm not going to say Tawheed is a scum bag. Just that he has an agenda to push.

However you're right. Using the word pro Zionist is akin to saying pro any country that came into existence post World War Two.

I have a particular dislike of Luxembourg. I'm not going to advocate it's right to exist.
I'm not going to say Tawheed is a scum bag. Just that he has an agenda to push.

However you're right. Using the word pro Zionist is akin to saying pro any country that came into existence post World War Two.

I have a particular dislike of Luxembourg. I'm not going to advocate it's right to exist.

Personally I can't stand East Timor and Palau. Who do they think they are?
Reply 36
Original post by Nephthys
"as example of an effective form of government"

Hitler's presidential system was an example of very effective form of government

Effective for the dictator? Sure.
Effective for the rest of the country? Nah.
Reply 37
Original post by Flibib
Effective for the dictator? Sure.
Effective for the rest of the country? Nah.

Hitler completely botched the war. Germany were leaders in nuclear fission before the war yet completely failed to get near an atomic bomb, it also failed with other advanced technologies like jet aircraft, encryption and submarines any one of which would have given Germany a great advantage had they been used properly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Nephthys
Or you've never actually studied the matter properly ..

If you study history you'd see Hitler built his economic growth on a Base of sand. Had Germany not gone to war it would have gone into a complete economic collapse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by Aj12
If you study history you'd see Hitler built his economic growth on a Base of sand. Had Germany not gone to war it would have gone into a complete economic collapse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't shatter his delusions, I was just starting to have fun with him.

Quick Reply

Latest