The Student Room Group

Maths a level needed for Pharmacy at a Russell group uni??

Hiiiii,

So i've started my a levels and i'm doing bio,chem, psychology and economics. I want to study pharmacy at uni but I don't know if i'll get in and be at a disadvantage since im not doing a level maths. Is a level maths really needed for pharmacy at uni? Or do we get taught most of the maths there? The reason i never chose it is because I don't really like the subject and dont think i'll be able to get a high enough grade in it like the other subjects. Do you think it is worth taking next year when I drop a subject and do 3 a2s and 1 AS in maths? (only problem is I may of forgotten some maths because it would of been a long time since i did it in gcse).

What do you think?
Reply 1
Original post by Keisha_99
Hiiiii,

So i've started my a levels and i'm doing bio,chem, psychology and economics. I want to study pharmacy at uni but I don't know if i'll get in and be at a disadvantage since im not doing a level maths. Is a level maths really needed for pharmacy at uni? Or do we get taught most of the maths there? The reason i never chose it is because I don't really like the subject and dont think i'll be able to get a high enough grade in it like the other subjects. Do you think it is worth taking next year when I drop a subject and do 3 a2s and 1 AS in maths? (only problem is I may of forgotten some maths because it would of been a long time since i did it in gcse).

What do you think?

You should be studying Biology and Chemistry - they're the main two.

RG Universities such as Cardiff and Durham only ask for a 'C' grade at GCSE level in Maths, that's it.

KCL and some others want a 'B', but I don't believe any Pharmacy schools ask for AS/A Level Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending