The Student Room Group

Why do girls typically only have friends of similar attractiveness?

Have noticed you will often see girls who are hot (ie. from 7 to 9 out of 10 will mostly have friends who are also 7 to 9 out of 10)

Average looking girls (5s and 6s) will either have a mix of hot, average and ugly friends, or just mostly average looking. Ugly girls (below 5) will mostly have ugly friends.

Why do girls do this - why are they so shallow when it comes to choosing their friends?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Simple. If you're fit do you wanna be seen with some ugly bitch?
Reply 2
Original post by mental-mal

Well actually you might, because her ugliness makes you look even hotter by comparison.
Original post by Zweihander
Well actually you might, because her ugliness makes you look even hotter by comparison.

Yea but many people aren't that schematic with friends. people flock to who they relate with. If a pretentious bitch with makeup on all the time and heels and designer bags and salon styled hair and top brand fragrance walks into a room she'll scout for people like her to make her look good, entourage thing. And uglier girls feel insecure and roll with each other

9 time out of 10 this happens

girls also like to hang with girls who they feel will bring men over
Reply 4
Maybe in high school cliques. Friendship has nothing to do with physical attractiveness, at least true friendship.
there's always cases of 7's hanging around with a group of 5's so she ends up looking like a 9. Now that's shallow.
Original post by digitalangel18
there's always cases of 7's hanging around with a group of 5's so she ends up looking like a 9. Now that's shallow.

yea girls do that but in the case of what OP said (when girls of the same attraction level befriend each other)

your comment is irrelevant
Original post by Zweihander

well then you just nuked your own thread

since this is stating the complete opposite of your OP

:hmmm:
yea girls do that but in the case of what OP said (when girls of the same attraction level befriend each other)

your comment is irrelevant

calm down.
Reply 9
well then you just nuked your own thread

since this is stating the complete opposite of your OP

:hmmm:

It happens sometimes, not all the time, as you hinted at.

The trend I outlined in my OP is way more common.
calm down.

Nothing to say? Because you're wrong.

Yea but many people aren't that schematic with friends. people flock to who they relate with. If a pretentious bitch with makeup on all the time and heels and designer bags and salon styled hair and top brand fragrance walks into a room she'll scout for people like her to make her look good, entourage thing. And uglier girls feel insecure and roll with each other

9 time out of 10 this happens

girls also like to hang with girls who they feel will bring men over

This and this.

Guys are the same

Whoever repped this is retarded.

This is completely irrelevant to the OP asking why people of the

same

attraction level

befriend each other. So sick of the illiteracy and emotional repping.
Nothing to say? Because you're wrong.

how can I be wrong there is no right answer you f*cking doughnut and tbh I don't give a ****. Maybe you should do something more important with your evening and not correct someone else's answer on someone else's post.
Wait a minute...

Is it just me or do the hot girls at your school also have fat friends? :confused:

I don't get OP, I haven't seen that happening tbh.
Guys do as well. I think it's just human nature.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
This and this.

Guys are the same

Yea but you'll see a way more eclectic group of men I feel. Men are more into looks when it comes to dating than friends. Plus women are hierarchical with each other since society places so much emphasis on their looks, only a certain type of female will give into it though.
how can I be wrong there is no right answer you f*cking doughnut and tbh I don't give a ****. Maybe you should do something more important with your evening and not correct someone else's answer on someone else's post.

Oh please. It's a conversation on a message forum. If you're going to resort to emotional rhetoric when someone disagrees with you, you need to log off.
Yea but you'll see a way more eclectic group of men I feel. Men are more into looks when it comes to dating than friends. Plus women are hierarchical with each other since society places so much emphasis on their looks, only a certain type of female will give into it though.

True, men are less picky in general tbh.... but you still see it a little
Oh please. It's a conversation on a message forum. If you're going to resort to emotional rhetoric when someone disagrees with you, you need to log off.

And you need to get a life...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending