The Student Room Group

Is it normal for a man to get emotional watching certain Disney films?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sleepysnooze
sure, same thing - and there's nothing wrong with getting emotional - emotions are all fuzzy and tingly :lol: not everybody gets the privilege of getting them to their full extent from things like movies

Ok same thing, gotcha
Original post by BobbyFlay
Shiiiitteeee
So many great actors all in one movie! Ha! I never knew.
Adds a whole other layer to the movie

it's pixar - nothing but the best from them to be fair :lol:
That's cute I love a man that can cry.

You're truly free :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by xylas
So if a heterosexual man did that, would you see it as very normal? Or would it be a bit feminine?

Nope, not at all. I don't judge! :h:
Original post by Nick Clegg <3
omg me too :mad:

You are my Princess :kiss:
Reply 44
Original post by Blondie987
Men are as entitled to express their emotions as much as women and they're there for a reason, plus some Disney films are definitely able to make even the toughest people shed a tear lol, nothing to worry about :h:

Not asking about entitlement tbh, more like the sort of questions I asked AthiaKarim above.

Have you seen Wreck-it-Ralph? Did this make any guy you know cry/shed a lot more than just a tear?
Original post by drowzee

You are my Princess :kiss:

lmao dpmo

ur my troll :perv:
Imagine the situation where a father is watching a Disney movie with their kid and mid way through the father starts crying. Hed look over to his kid and the kid would be rock glued to the screen without any signs of emotion. The father would be thinking "damn how is this kid holding it together..."

The kid after realizing their father is breaking down would be like "oh please.. ive seen worst"

haha.
it's pixar - nothing but the best from them to be fair :lol:

true!
As a kid, I didn't cry when Mufasa died in the Lion King. :dumbells:
lmao dpmo

ur my troll :perv:

Dpmo? What? :redface:

Ur my little munchkin :h:
Original post by BobbyFlay
true!

although, in my opinion, randy newman's singing (casted by pixar, of course) in toy story and a bugs life was a bit derpy, like all his other songs :lol:
although, in my opinion, randy newman's singing (casted by pixar, of course) in toy story and a bugs life was a bit derpy, like all his other songs :lol:

Haha i see what you mean, but it gave it sort of a unique soundtrack.
Kinda like the intro to Monk xD.
Original post by drowzee

Ur my little munchkin :h:

:puke:
Reply 53
Original post by drowzee
Nope, not at all. I don't judge! :h:

Ok so does that mean it is a very neutral thing i.e. if you were on a date it wouldn't make you like him more or less?

Or as I asked AthiaKarim above:

between a guy who can't stop crying while watching a happy movie with you and a guy who is very cool, content and collected during the whole movie which one would you rather date/ be in a long term relationship with?
Reply 54
Original post by the terminator
Imagine the situation where a father is watching a Disney movie with their kid and mid way through the father starts crying. Hed look over to his kid and the kid would be rock glued to the screen without any signs of emotion. The father would be thinking "damn how is this kid holding it together..."

The kid after realizing their father is breaking down would be like "oh please.. ive seen worst"

haha.

haha this guy gets it
Original post by xylas
Ok so does that mean it is a very neutral thing i.e. if you were on a date it wouldn't make you like him more or less?

Or as I asked AthiaKarim above:

between a guy who can't stop crying while watching a happy movie with you and a guy who is very cool, content and collected during the whole movie which one would you rather date/ be in a long term relationship with?

It depends on their overall character; I personally like emotional guys because I'm emotional myself, however there is such a thing as too emotional. Both scenarios sound okay to me.
:puke:

:colonhash:
It's probably out of the ordinary, but not abnormal. Crying or tearing up is natural.

Most likely you relate to the film in some way? I've only ever gotten teary eyed at one film personally, and it was because what happened resonated very deeply with me.

So yeah, it's fine. Don't overdo it though...
Dw about it.
Reply 58
Original post by drowzee
It depends on their overall character; I personally like emotional guys because I'm emotional myself, however there is such a thing as too emotional. Both scenarios sound okay to me.

They're both okay sure but if you had to choose one of them based solely on that one piece of information which one would you choose?

Original post by donutellme
It's probably out of the ordinary, but not abnormal. Crying or tearing up is natural.

Most likely you relate to the film in some way? I've only ever gotten teary eyed at one film personally, and it was because what happened resonated very deeply with me.

So yeah, it's fine. Don't overdo it though...

Finally someone gives a straight answer!

So basically a man can visibly tear up in public at a happy Disney movie such as Wreck-it-Ralph as it is a natural response (normal people do this) but it is not ordinary to see it so try to reduce it at least in public.

Whereas for a woman it is both normal and ordinary to see it so they don't need to change anything but a man probably should.

Thanks I think I understand the gender difference now.
Original post by xylas

Finally someone gives a straight answer!

So basically a man can visibly tear up in public at a happy Disney movie such as Wreck-it-Ralph as it is a natural response (normal people do this) but it is not ordinary to see it so try to reduce it at least in public.

Whereas for a woman it is both normal and ordinary to see it so they don't need to change anything but a man probably should.

Thanks I think I understand the gender difference now.

Yeah. Men are seen as more stoic due to their protective role, and rightly so and we should be proud of that. Women are more emotional naturally. So if a man does cry, it's far over something far more serious than what a woman might cry over. And that is perfectly fine and you should not be ashamed of it, no matter what anyone else thinks.

However, it's still our duty to be the protector, and it doesn't reflect well on us if we're crying over everything haha.

This is simply another natural difference between men and women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending