The Student Room Group

I use a menstrual cup AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Eco friendly?
So tampons are bad for the environment? :redface:

They either go to landfill or end up in the ocean. I doubt either one is great to be honest.
Original post by PurplePixie96
They either go to landfill or end up in the ocean. I doubt either one is great to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it possible to design one that is reusable and biodegradable? Or is society not bothered about it?
How do you feel that many women in prisons don't have access to proper menstrual hygiene services?
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Well sorry, I didn't realise female sexual anatomy is normally taught at Catholic schools:rolleyes:.

It was part of the biology GCSE and comprehensively covered at the one I went to.
awesome, subbed to thread duh
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't it possible to design one that is reusable and biodegradable? Or is society not bothered about it?
How do you feel that many women in prisons don't have access to proper menstrual hygiene services?

Probably, but women's "luxuries" aren't a high priority for society. I think its disgraceful that women in prisons dont have that access, same for homeless women. Also whenever I go grocery shopping I pick up a box of tampons and pads and take them to the local food bank, they're rarely donated and its surprising when you consider the cost that no one thought women who rely on food banks wouldn't need sanitary provisions.

Would you try this OP?:curious::curious::curious:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 86
X

Can you have sex with it, or just oral?
Original post by kandykissesxox

Would you try this OP?:curious::curious::curious:

I'd definitely consider it!

Original post by Josb
Can you have sex with it, or just oral?

No sex, you can have oral if you really want, I personally don't. There is a similar product called "Soft Cups" which you CAN have sex with in though
Reply 88

No sex, you can have oral if you really want, I personally don't. There is a similar product called "Soft Cups" which you CAN have sex with in though

Why don't you have oral with it? it stops blood from draining, right?
Why aren't these available for men? Until the manstrual cup is available, I will be encouraging all females on TSR to boycott this divisive, matriarchal creation.

Such astounding privilege...
Original post by Josb
Why don't you have oral with it? it stops blood from draining, right?

Because I just feel "ick" during my period. BF gets oral though XD

Menstruating is natural, but doing it in a cup? Wot?
Reply 92
What happens if you need to change it when you are out and about?
Original post by jazjaz
What happens if you need to change it when you are out and about?

The cup can be used for up to 12 hours so thats not an issue but if you do, there are cup wipes and bottles of water you can get and then just clean it properly when you get home.

Original post by Vaginal_Rights

Menstruating is natural, but doing it in a cup? Wot?

Not a cup like drinking cup though :wink: It's a medical grade silicone alternative to pads and tampons. Its better for your body.

Original post by Friar Chris
Why aren't these available for men? Until the manstrual cup is available, I will be encouraging all females on TSR to boycott this divisive, matriarchal creation.

Ikr I'm such a manophobe.
Sneaky bump
Did you get your cup to work properly straight away?
I bought one a while ago but could never get it to stop leaking
Original post by Friar Chris

Well it is a menstrual cup so I'm sure men can find a use for them too.:confused:
How effective are they? Can't they leak/overflow?
obligatory mention that trans men exist and can and do get periods

I find these interesting, I have a friend who swears by her's but I could never use one since I can't even use tampons :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
You ever dipped your rich tea biscuit in it?

Quick Reply

Latest