The Student Room Group

I'm scared I'm not a virgin

Yesterday at night, I got a bad urge to itch my vagina. So I did multiple times, I was wet at the time and I got a feeling like blood was there. I did not insert my finger in my vagina but there was a single drop of blood on my panties. I wiped it with my blue towel, at first I thought it was blood but I couldn't figure out anything because it is blue and the color wasn't clearly visible, it didn't seem like blood though. I am thinking of checking if my hymen is still there by using a mirror but I'm not quite sure how to identify it. I don't really know what to do. My new years eve was ruined.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Females often produce Vaginal Discharge,
It's normal and healthy to produce a clear or white discharge from your vagina.This mucus is produced naturally from the neck of the womb, known as the cervix.The amount of vaginal discharge varies throughout your menstrual cycle (brown discharge is usually the end of your period).
Reply 2
You lose your virginity when you have sex. Your hymen is irrelevant.
Reply 3
Original post by Helenia
You lose your virginity when you have sex. Your hymen is irrelevant.

Oh well then, I'm scared I do not have a hymen anymore.
Reply 4
Original post by Munumana
Females often produce Vaginal Discharge,
It's normal and healthy to produce a clear or white discharge from your vagina.This mucus is produced naturally from the neck of the womb, known as the cervix.The amount of vaginal discharge varies throughout your menstrual cycle (brown discharge is usually the end of your period).

I do know that, I'm not 15. But that wasn't white discharge, it was blood and my period is due at the middle of the month, not first January.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Why? There's nothing wrong with not having one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yesterday at night, I got a bad urge to itch my vagina. So I did multiple times, I was wet at the time and I got a feeling like blood was there. I did not insert my finger in my vagina but there was a single drop of blood on my panties. I wiped it with my blue towel, at first I thought it was blood but I couldn't figure out anything because it is blue and the color wasn't clearly visible, it didn't seem like blood though. I am thinking of checking if my hymen is still there by using a mirror but I'm not quite sure how to identify it. I don't really know what to do. My new years eve was ruined.

I don't know why I find this so funny. How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Andy98
Why? There's nothing wrong with not having one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Muslim, you may not understand how wrong it is not to have one before marriage.
Reply 8
Original post by maggie43
I don't know why I find this so funny. How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 19 and this is not the time for humor.
Reply 9
I'm Muslim, you may not understand how wrong it is not to have one before marriage.

What? So do they have to examine you naked before they marry you?:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Andy98
What? So do they have to examine you naked before they marry you?:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't examine anyone, when the hymen breaks blood comes out so the husband will know if his wife used to do it or not and then he will start asking questions and if it was a very religious man he might divorce her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11

When you get married you should marry someone who you like and respects you as you are and won't look for your past mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Omarsa1
When you get married you should marry someone who you like and respects you as you are and won't look for your past mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not even sure if it's broken, I just need the relief and assurance that it isn't.
Reply 13
Original post by Omarsa1
They don't examine anyone, when the hymen breaks blood comes out so the husband will know if his wife used to do it or not and then he will start asking questions and if it was a very religious man he might divorce her

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly, I wouldn't want to be with someone that judgemental anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely you just scratched yourself a bit, but it's impossible for anyone here to tell you.

The reason my first post was a bit dismissive is because the idea that "hymen = virginity" has been extensively debunked over years. Hymens vary in size and thickness, some girls will break theirs doing sports, using tampons etc, it doesn't mean they are not a virgin. Some are very elastic and don't even break when the girl has sex. Sometimes there's lots of blood, sometimes only a few drops. Sometimes you can see them from the outside if you look with a mirror, sometimes it's a bit further inside. Everyone is different! I for one actually have no idea when mine went.

If you have not had sex, then you are still a virgin. Your religion might place (false) importance on the presence of a hymen, but any educated and sensible person would understand the explanation above.
I'm not even sure if it's broken, I just need the relief and assurance that it isn't.

Hymens often break before intercourse. My friend's broke while she was horse riding while anothers broke while swimming.
im not sure if this helps at all but im not a virgin and i did not have any bleeding the first time i had sex however i also don't think my hymen had been broken previous to this so when you do have sex the hymen wont necessarily break anyway? what you experienced was probably just spotting which is normal for girls between periods, don't worry about it im sure everything is fine down there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Omarsa1

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of women break their hymen long before having sex for the first time, having said that a lot of women aren't even born with one, and first-time sex doesn't necessarily have to result in a lot of pain and bleeding for the lady. Your concern is totally valid but I'm not sure if there's any way of telling whether your hymen is broken, you could always ask your gynaecologist but they normally only look for that in cases of sexual assault. Maybe just make sure that whomever you marry is aware that that myth has been debunked because there is no reason for you to feel ashamed about something like this.

You can be born without one you know

You either broke it scratched yourself or you've already lost it. I broke mine when I was about 8 after trying to ride a men's bike that way way too big and it went painfullg wrong :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest