The Student Room Group

Law Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bibliophile101
I was hoping that my school would be able to help me out with it because it seems that a lot of people apply to do medicine, law etc so they are quite familiar with admissions tests

I hope my school helps me but I guess I'll probably have to fight my own battles in the summer or something!
Original post by academia153
I hope my school helps me but I guess I'll probably have to fight my own battles in the summer or something!

I think you can do a practice test on the LNAT website
Original post by Bibliophile101
I think you can do a practice test on the LNAT website

Yes, I'm aware of that but I think I'll probably need a LOT of practice! Hopefully, I am naturally good at it lol
Original post by academia153
Yes, I'm aware of that but I think I'll probably need a LOT of practice! Hopefully, I am naturally good at it lol

well as they say practice makes perfect :colondollar:
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Buuumppp

Anyone applied/thinking of applying to the UNIQ summer school for Law?

I'll be applying as soon as I've written my personal statement
Original post by CatusStarbright
I'll be applying as soon as I've written my personal statement

Good luck!
I thought that the 4000 characters requirement would be too much, but by the time I finished my PS was over 8000 characters! It was so difficult having to edit stuff out lmao
Good luck!
I thought that the 4000 characters requirement would be too much, but by the time I finished my PS was over 8000 characters! It was so difficult having to edit stuff out lmao

Hate to break it to you, but the maximum is 2,000 characters:

'The personal statement must not be longer than 2,000 characters - this includes spaces and punctuation. You are not required to utilise all 2,000 characters. However, if you go over this limit, the system will cut your application short. We advise all students to prepare their personal statement in word processing software before starting their online UCAS application. The online form does not allow students to save their work.'
Original post by CatusStarbright
Hate to break it to you, but the maximum is 2,000 characters:

'The personal statement must not be longer than 2,000 characters - this includes spaces and punctuation. You are not required to utilise all 2,000 characters. However, if you go over this limit, the system will cut your application short. We advise all students to prepare their personal statement in word processing software before starting their online UCAS application. The online form does not allow students to save their work.'

Was UNIQ 2000? Anyway I cut a lot of my PS out and the system allowed it through. Anything over the limit it didn't allow me to submit it
Anyone also worried about the daunting career prospects of law grads?
Anyone also worried about the daunting career prospects of law grads?

I'm just feeling that after years of not knowing what I wanted to do, the good thing is that I found my future in law, however it's a shame that it's such a competitive vocation. So yes, I'm worried a little bit.
What's more important : A level grades or personal statement?
Original post by StressedByDay
What's more important : A level grades or personal statement?

From my first application to uni, I would say they are equally important in some respects. If you're applying to a University that will interview you, then they most definitely carry the same importance. Good grades get your foot in the door, a good personal statement makes them open that door to the interview.

However, if you're applying to a non interview application based uni, then the grades are more important. However, you're in competition with hundreds, if not thousands of people with the same grades and a good PS will make you stand out.

Either way you look at it, a good PS is very handy, but in terms of getting you into a good uni, your grades are the most important.
I'm hoping to apply to Aberdeen and Edinburgh!
Hi guys! So happy there's a thread like this! I really wanna do the Cambridge essay competitions for Law, but I have no idea how to write a Law essay, woul anyone else doing these competitions please like to let me know how you're doing and please give me some advice?
Reply 34
Currently at Law School if any of you guys have questions regarding what it's like/the application process, let me know
Original post by Wrf95
Currently at Law School if any of you guys have questions regarding what it's like/the application process, let me know

what law school are you at if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 36
Original post by scottishgirl163
what law school are you at if you don't mind me asking?

Bristol
Original post by Wrf95
Bristol

Will i be at a disadvantage if I don't have any work experience in a solicitors or any related experience?
Reply 38
Original post by scottishgirl163
Will i be at a disadvantage if I don't have any work experience in a solicitors or any related experience?

Not at all, I didn't have any legal work experience at all when I applied (in fact, technically speaking, I still don't) so I wouldn't worry about that at all. Just make sure your personal statement shows that you are genuinely interested in the subject, rather than just applying because it sounds good etc - and obviously get a good score on the LNAT if you are applying to LNAT universities
I have work experience all next week at DLA Pipers. Excited but also a bit nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending