The Student Room Group

Applying and studying abroad

Just curious of the application process and experience of a year abroad. Im unsure of how you apply. Still doing a levels but thinking about a uni course that offers a year abroad. Im from England btw. Anyone currently studying abroad feel free to share your experiences.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm also applying for uni this year so can't comment on experiences studying abroad but what I've gathered is that normally you apply for study abroad once you're actually at the university (in your second year I think?). There are instances where you can directly apply for a study abroad year via UCAS, as I did with Exeter, but this is more of an exception than a rule. Even then, in that instance, if I applied for that particular course without the study abroad option apparently I could still apply once I'm at the uni. Any uni person can correct me if I'm wrong though :colondollar:

EDIT: Didn't read OP's final sentence properly, that information I gave applies if you only wanted to do one year (or sometimes less) abroad, i.e. you would normally study at an English uni. Only thing I can comment on about studying abroad full time is that I don't think you apply via UCAS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply