The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Didn't realise transracial was a thing...

Posted from TSR Mobile
becasue 'racial identity' is purely social construct ... where gender identity isn;t ...
How the fu*k can you be "transracial" ? How is this even possible? I'm moving to the DPRK. At least they have some sence left.
Reply 4
Original post by THE EPIC Panda
How the fu*k can you be "transracial" ? How is this even possible? I'm moving to the DPRK. At least they have some sence left.

RDJ in Tepic Thunder:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome to a world of labels. Social media is to blame.
Original post by Lady Comstock
Rachel Dolezal received a scalding for identifying as transracial, yet there is currently a big push to recognise and accept transgender people.

Can someone explain why one is acceptable but the other is not?

Because if black people where able to identify as white, then the police wouldnt be able to shoot them unprovoked and without fear of repercussion.

/thread
Original post by Charzhino
Welcome to a world of labels. Social media is to blame.

Nah. Identity politics is to blame.
Original post by RoadToGlory
Neither is ok

It's not about what is okay; it's about what is.
Reply 9
Original post by Lady Comstock
Rachel Dolezal received a scalding for identifying as transracial, yet there is currently a big push to recognise and accept transgender people.

Can someone explain why one is acceptable but the other is not?

What I understood from that Rachel story was that she only uses that card when it benefitted her.

But I can see where you're coming as well; Bruce, I mean who was it ... ?
Original post by Zweihander
Because if black people where able to identify as white, then the police wouldnt be able to shoot them unprovoked and without fear of repercussion.

/thread

Black people get shot more often because they commit at a disproportionately high rate.
its trendy to say transgender is now a thing but transracial being not a thing just shows the flagrant hypocrisy or transgenderism and its supporters. you are what youre born as. im a white male, therefore im a white male. its an absurdity to say "oh, i was born a white male but actually im black really" in the same way as its an absurdity to say "i was born a white male but oh actually, I'm really a woman". thats liberal society for you, hypocritical and nonsensical
Original post by Bealzibub
Black people get shot more often because they commit at a disproportionately high rate.

Black people barely ever get shot by the police in the UK so it is gut ja

Or the level of policing is higher in areas that have a high ethnic minority population therefore there are far more arrests/shootings that occur.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by kieran12321LFC
Black people barely ever get shot by the police in the UK so it is gut ja

Yeh, I was talking more about black people in USA
Yeh, I was talking more about black people in USA

In the US, black people are poorer cause the US is still trying to recover from segregation. They're obviously gonna committ more crime then cause you don't see middle class people running round with rubbed tellys, but there is also still an element or racism in the US
Reply 16
Original post by JNDSAN
its trendy to say transgender is now a thing but transracial being not a thing just shows the flagrant hypocrisy or transgenderism and its supporters. you are what youre born as. im a white male, therefore im a white male. its an absurdity to say "oh, i was born a white male but actually im black really" in the same way as its an absurdity to say "i was born a white male but oh actually, I'm really a woman". thats liberal society for you, hypocritical and nonsensical

Repeated studies have shown that transgender individuals know their gender from early childhood and they continue to identify that way throughout their life.

Gender and sex are different things. Gender is based on thoughts and feelings an individual has about their gender.

Sex is based purely on the presentation of genitalia, hormones and chromosomes.

The two do not necessarily align.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zippyRN
becasue 'racial identity' is purely social construct

wut.jpg
Transgender people suffer from dysphoria, which is medically recognised. Additionally, there are have been transgender people existing throughout history, such as; Lili Elbe and Elagabalus,

Transracial has nothing like this and is just used for attention.
Because hurray for degeneracy, eh?

Latest